RJLupin2

Would you pay to get Regina to do a show for us?

Hi All -

a quick update---

I spoke with the venue owner today and the space is still available so I plan to check in with Miss Spektor's management in the next day or so.

Right now we are still trying to figure out how to accept payment (since there is currently no credit card apparatus owned by the venue) and what we need for the sound/lights system and what kind of out of pocket expenses there may be.

So if you are all still into it we have to figure out how best to take reservations and get whatever resources are necessary in place to make it happen (like renting a sound system etc.)

It is a very small venue and so the sound needs are pretty minimal. Regina and a keyboard and a piano stool might be just fine for most of us - but she or her people may want more.

So I am bracing for an answer in the next two days whether this is all a dream gig/concert or a cool special event for the Brumstix peeps.

I will let you know.

Pretty soon.

Keep the faith.

Begin to hope.

peace all

Oh man. I wish I were filthy rich. Ugh. I'm so buying a lottery ticket for Friday's draw. $146M isn't that bad. Heh.

Until then, I'm hoping against hope that I'll find a better paying job so I can shell out more if need be.

Thanks, Bill and RJ taking a shot at this. We're here to back you up however broke we may be.

http://youtube.com/wheresthepackingtape

If you end up actually being in need of a sound guy, I'm friends with a great great sound person who actually tours with bands on a regular basis, but he always seems to have time on his hands for one-off things. If there's a date set at any point, and this ends up being an issue, I could talk to him. Just so ya know :P

quote:
Originally posted by Sgtcampsalot:

If you end up actually being in need of a sound guy, I'm friends with a great great sound person who actually tours with bands on a regular basis, but he always seems to have time on his hands for one-off things. If there's a date set at any point, and this ends up being an issue, I could talk to him. Just so ya know :P

i can talk to a not-so-great sound guy.....

Razzer

quote:
Originally posted by Sgtcampsalot:

who is actually in or near nyc?

I don’t have money in the monetary definition, but in lieu of my payment I will wrestle Grumpy Bear of the Care Bears at intermission. His querulous behaviour has been bringing us all down for years and no one has taken a stand until now!

I hope it all works out for you guys, sounds like an amazing night.

My brother is actually a really good sound guy... I'm not really sure if he would be willing to do it, but he's run sound for all sorts of things, including an opera in Monaco for which he designed all of the... sound stuff. I don't really know what it's called, I'm not a sound person. xD

I probably shouldn't be volunteering him since he doesn't even like Regina, probably has no interest in doing this/spare time because of school and said opera, but... It's worth throwing out there.