Sign in to follow this  
TheQuickestBoyInTheFryingPan

Tori fan trying to get into Regina....

Another sweet little thing, huh?

Um, I already mentioned Carole in my previous post. Thanks for reading it.

And sweetheart. You're not bursting any "tori-bubble" cause Tori has the decency of mentioning these gals all on her own with no prompting or "comparing" involved. So, yeah, I've learned about Kate Bush and Carole King and a mess load of other female artists because Tori herself has mentioned them, k? That's how grateful she is...

Just like when she did the 5 and a half weeks tour with Alanis when Alanis was first coming out. She did that as a way of paying respect to an up and coming young artist...

She's not a snob.

Alex

Smiler

also....everyone can love who they want to love. i'm not too big on comparing artists to each other, although i do from time to time. frankly, i cant see any similarities in tori's music and regina's music.....same thing with kath nash and regina. in fact..i cannot think of a single artist that is even slightly similar to regina. but, that is just me.

i'm going to bed. nighty.

<3

edit: you mentioned carole king.....but you didn't state that she paved the way for tori. that's my point. tori is not the be all end all. she's not that old of an artist.

edit#2: please don't call me sweetheart....i'm not your sweetheart.

Well, just listen to the Tori tracks I posted on here.

Mr Zebra. Leather. LMAO! You don't see some similarities? I do. I do say though, Tori is not the type to be repetitious so she moves on from certain sounds. The cabaret/showgirl/broadway thing is something she did like back in 96. I love it still, but...

And about the "sweetheart" comment - I was being sarcastic. I mean, you certainly couldn't have believed I actually meant it or something - lol. That would be too funny.

And yes I did say Carole along with Kate and Janis and Joni paved the way. I didn't say specifically Tori but I will now:

Yes, Carole King did pave the way for artists like Tori and Tori herself.

See, it's not that hard.

(And like I said before, Tori has already mentioned these female artists out of respect so I don't have to come up with them.)

Alex

i'm familiar. i like tori enough...

edit: i knew exactly what you meant by your sweetheart comment... let's get a couple of things straight here...i didn't think you were hitting on me, so get over yourself. secondly, i'm married...not some little 12 year old. thridly: i'm no dumbass.

edit: i see the typos and i'm not changing them.

i'm not getting defensive like..."regina is better than tori"...i'm getting defensive because there were plenty of women who paved the way for the current female artists that aren't getting the recognition they deserve.

anyway..as i said before..welcome to the stix. feel free to look around and listen. but remember...this is a regina forum. ^_^

I do see that Regina has something special. If I didn't, I wouldn't bother visiting her forum and trying to get into her music...

But I'm also a Tori's pitbull - lol, jk. But I'm sure you guys get just as personal and defensive about Regina as I do about Tori (I mean I've heard some horror stories about you guys, but I'm daring and adventurous and don't care about thrusting myself into sticky situations)...

I won't say that Regina "owes" anything to Tori, but Tori certainly doesn't deserve disrespect.

EDIT: And I will try to keep my bias out of this forum - I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I'm willing to trade songs (not like for real, but suggestions) with people who are willing to do the same with me.

I think it would be healthy. I'll give you a few Tori suggestions, you give me a few Regina suggestions and we can actually share rather than "show each other" or criticize...

Alex

To some extent i agree.

AS regina admits, just because tori preceded and sings and plays piano does not mean she was any particular influence. that similarity poses almost no connection, if you think about it. also knowing that regina didnt even know who she was..

BUT you have a good point in saying that Tori and MANY other musicians paved the way

but to put it simply.

every musician makes an impact. so in ten years, someone will say "Regina paved the way for quirky songwriting"

or "kate nash paved the way for obnoxiousness"

But the fact is, any good artist paves his or her own way inevitably.

Regina owes nothing to tori but the respect of a fellow musician and human being.

bjork owes nothing to tori. tori owes nothing to kate bush....etc

and as for influence, it is a complicated thing. so no, i dont think at all reg is influenced by regina.

But you know, as for the history of the music industry, tori did help make women more prevalent in that manner.. so maybe we should be more appreciative! even though i am a tori fan myself.