Sign in to follow this  
TheQuickestBoyInTheFryingPan

Tori fan trying to get into Regina....

^sugardrive - that's the spirit girl! lol. i like that Big Grin

Well, like my girl, I like being known when I walk in somewhere.

In terms of preference, I wouldn't even say I prefer Tori to Regina because I'm not much aware of Regina's music. I'm going to start checking it out.

I will admit, and maybe you guys can help me get over this, and yes it is somewhat of an obstacle: whenever I hear a Regina song start up it annoys me because it reminds me of Tori's quirky compositions. I'm not saying this to fight, I'm being honest. They remind me of how Tori opens up songs and stuff. I mean, people just thing of her a lot of times as the poster girl for Rape and it's totally not like that in her world...

Anyway, I'm trying to be both honest and open.

Alex

EDIT: Tori was raped and she covered the experience on her first solo album in the song "Me and a Gun" sung acapella.

She also founded RAINN - Rape and Incest National Network.

I know I'm reposting but I'm not sure how this forum works yet. Also, if you guys want to visit yessaid.com - it's one of Tori's websites. If you go to the toriphorums you will find a section there for Regina. Yes, eventhough Tori fans are all about Tori, they do pay respect.

Now, what are some of the things that got you guys into Regina if you don't mind my asking. Like what are some Regina stories...

For example, when I first listened to Tori - I hated her. I was in a really sad Sarah McLachlan phase at the time...

Alex

VERY good link eats beats

ok so i just typed up a big long paragraph where I repeatedly said "i'm trying not to sound angry and pompous" and then sounded angry and pompous. And then my internet froze so it didn't send and i'm thinking that was for the best. Anyway, In the end of it I recommended '

' you probably won't find a better recording than this one. And I recommended '
' by the dresden dolls, even though they aren't regina. But hey, Regina has collaborated with dresden dolls lead singer amanda palmer so... ya.

I know what you mean about hating Tori when you first started listening to her. I hated regina, cuz the first song I heard was fidelity and i thought it was overly annoying, cutesy, and the voice was just too quiet. But eventually I heard 'Us'. Though it doesn't jump to mind when I look at the regina songs you've liked so far, and its not even on my top 10 regina songs (at the moment, this changes over the course of like an hour), I think most stixers will agree that its a masterpiece. Then after that I got obsessed with '

'

Ok this is sufficiently long and I've dropped the names of enough songs I think. Ok I'm done, let me know how it goes. Good luck Big Grin

You're the biggest asshole on this forum, from what I've gathered (and asshole is the operative word, since you used it). In terms of influences/inspirations, this whole damn thread was started by me as a way of trying to get into Regina's music and trying to also share my love for Tori with other fans. I was introduced to Tori at a very strange time in my life and dismissed her completely and certainly didn't want to do the same with Regina (and was hoping to prevent other people from doing the same with Tori).

I think it is sad that you would say, "Oh inspiration can be found from a pretty flower or a lonely day" (which is true, I might add), but "it's insulting the intelligence of human beings" to say that there would be no female artists if it weren't for the women aforementioned. I thought it was actually giving credit to "the intelligence of human beings" by saying that there have been MANY (not just Tori Amos) women who have paved MANY paths for MANY artists. If that weren't the case, we wouldn't buy albums or have fansites or little forums such as this one, now would we?

And in terms of me having a dick - this is where I draw the line. You have no fucking idea what I do or don't go through being a gay young man in America today, okay? A woman (and this has finally been proven) has more of a shot being a president than an openly gay man. So don't bitch to me about your "battles" because I find that there are none. You don't have to suffer ridicule or being bashed or being raped just because your gay. Yes, this happens to females as well, but not "just because they're females" as is the case with gay and lesbians today who do have these things happen to them "JUST BECAUSE" they're "gay" or "a freak" or "sinners". So, now, DONT YOU tell me you're in the same battles because you're certainly not. Honey.

EDIT: P.S. I haven't insulted anyway in this forum until now - by calling you an asshole. Also, "kaysntees" if someone's post is the basis for your marriage/psychotherapy/social skills you have a bigger problem than just getting annoyed at what someone writes on a forum.

Wink

Alex

Right. Reread the post "rawin". She/he never clarified "battles". They just made it seem like I had none, while I never criticized their battles or lack thereof.

And "they" also used the term asshole - maybe not as a direct insult but certainly a veiled one.

And, finally, I think you just have an issue since I came on this forum so obtrusively. That's not my problem. But just say so and don't hang on to someone else's post. I can't stand someone who doesn't know how to be an individual and who guises his/her own feelings behind what someone else has said. It's so high school.

Oh and here's some advice: read my signature. It might teach something.

Alex

Then again, it did enough for you to make a list hmmm?

Sweetheart Big Grin

P.S. If there are anymore assholes keep it moving. I'm looking for true, OPEN-MINDED fans who are willing to share their love for Regina. I may have said some abrasive things, but I've not insulted her art (nor will I). The funny thing is she's probably enjoying herself right about now, writing or listening to music or whatever else, while I'm smacking down assholes.

You've got a dick, so you fight NONE of the same battles as females. Don't even try to pretend that you're in the same battles.

Now quit acting like a dick.

"NONE of the same battles as females"...

and what are those battles? meaning, what are those battles that require you to have a pussy? Hm?

Discrimination? Check

Rape? Check

Being subordinant to others? Check

Now I want to hear you list those oh so special battles. Maybe child birth - and last time I heard that was a blessing.

Alex