Sign in to follow this  
RJLupin2

What are you Eeting right now?

^^haha! no need to apologize. i think that's how Tolkein originally wrote it, but the editor was a recovering chocolate addict*, and he felt a relapse coming on. Not wanting to set his friend back, Tolkein changed the coveted dessert to a ring, instead. That actually worked better, because now there was less danger of the inscription melting in your hands Smiler

*I would say chocoholic, but Demetri Martin makes a good point: there's no such thing as "chocohol." But "chocolate-ic sounds very strange. Cool

Currently eating: the best lunch available on campus: a croissant with guacamole, turkey, and, drumroll please, bacon! Jealous? Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

*I would say chocoholic, but Demetri Martin makes a good point: there's no such thing as "chocohol." But "chocolate-ic sounds very strange. Cool

Oh wait that's a Demetri Martin bit? I've been saying that for YEARS. Haha I wonder which of us thought of it first.

well, you're both awesome guys who are brilliant, so i really couldn't tell you Wink

i've been trying to find his bit "jokes with piano" but i don't see it on youtube Frowner it's a shame, because it's one of my favorites. He did the chocoholic joke in that one

Currently eating: turkey sandwich on honey oat bread and doritos.