andreseng

WFUV To Release Live Vol 11 w/ reg!

10 posts in this topic

quote:
WFUV (90.7 FM, www.wfuv.org) will release FUV Live Volume 11, the latest installment of its critically-acclaimed CD series of in-studio performances, during its fall membership drive. A compilation of WFUV Music Director Rita Houston's favorite guest performances of the past year, FUV Live features 19 exclusive live tracks by artists including Sheryl Crow, Bell X1, Iron & Wine, Nada Surf and Sharon Jones.

Houston said the CD reflects the New York City-based radio station's position as a crossroads for artists from all over the world. "When we sat down to pick out our favorite live songs this year, we quickly realized we had an embarrassment of musical riches. We had visits from Montreal's Stars and Australia's Sia and plenty of New York artists like Regina Spektor.....

Summer In The City.....

http://www.pluginmusic.com/news/archive.php?id=4068

popfropyciB likes this

quote:
WFUV (90.7 FM, www.wfuv.org) will release FUV Live Volume 11, the latest installment of its critically-acclaimed CD series of in-studio performances, during its fall membership drive. A compilation of WFUV Music Director Rita Houston's favorite guest performances of the past year, FUV Live features 19 exclusive live tracks by artists including Sheryl Crow, Bell X1, Iron & Wine, Nada Surf and Sharon Jones.

Houston said the CD reflects the New York City-based radio station's position as a crossroads for artists from all over the world. "When we sat down to pick out our favorite live songs this year, we quickly realized we had an embarrassment of musical riches. We had visits from Montreal's Stars and Australia's Sia and plenty of New York artists like Regina Spektor.....

Summer In The City.....

http://www.pluginmusic.com/news/archive.php?id=4068

popfropyciB likes this

$100!!!! FOR A CD?!!! oh man I love Regina and Iron & Wine but I don't think I would pay that much just for one track that I already have loads of recordings of. Most of which I'm quite satisfied.

Oh....oops... Hehehe wow I'm sorry everyone but I just never heard this before. I wonder how I missed this last year....????

P.s.

I haven't slept since Monday night so that's my excuse for my behavior.

quote:
Originally posted by DrumMaster260:

$100!!!! FOR A CD?!!! oh man I love Regina and Iron & Wine but I don't think I would pay that much just for one track that I already have loads of recordings of. Most of which I'm quite satisfied.

The $100 is actually a donation to WFUV and it is fully tax deductible. I know that only means something to us old folks. I am a member of WFUV and give them a donation every year because they are member supported. (no commercials) One of the only radio stations that plays Regina.

I actually got tickets for free to see Regina once from WFUV because I am a member. If you are a member at the $60 (or more) level, you get a free pair of tickets once a month. They give a choice of three to four concerts every day and give them out on a first come first serve basis. I have gotten free tickets for PJ Harvey, Nellie McKay, Tori Amos, Damien Rice and more.

You can listen to them online at wfuv.org and that's free too. The weekends are not the best but the weekdays rule. Live concerts every night. Those of you from NY it is 90.7.