Sign in to follow this  
Roland

did anyone else see this?

Yeah, I saw it, and I was greedy and didn't bid, because I didn't want to drive the pricve up...

In hindsight, placing a bid would've made it more difficult for them to pull the auction - so I SHOULD have. Grrrr.

I suspect that someone made a private offer, knowing full well that it would've gone up into the hundreds if the auction had ran it's course.

Damn it.

generally it's pretty unfair play, not to mention against eBay (and 'net) ettiquite to make private offers.

dunno if that's what you did, but in any case, having scored 11:11 you could pretty much retire on kudos.

[heavy edit]

Honstly, I'm upset that it was sold this way. I don't blame Greendaguilera for the attempt, but I'm pissed that the seller took the offer.

It's blatantly against eBay policy. Hell, I would've made the private offer myself if I thought it would be accepted. Fact is, the rules stopped me from doing it, and I'm pissed that I wasn't given the chance to bid. I guess I've learned my lesson.

Because of this, next time I'll offer cash as well, but I'll probably get reported and kicked off eBay...

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!