Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Bowery Ballroom Jan 22 2009

quote:
Originally posted by Eats Beats:

quote:
Originally posted by kailee:

random last-minute question.

is there snow on the ground in NYC? do i need my snow boots? i'm wearing them every day in Chicago but i'm trying to pack light...

NYC has gotten some snow, but right now the sidewalks are completely clear. I'd say no snow boots needed. Smiler

But I'd wear them anyway if you're getting in line early for the warmth factor! It's 19 degrees right now and the high is only supposed to be 35....

She came up in the anti-folk scene, and her quirky, lilting tunes suggest a less-crazy Tori Amos. But don't mistake Regina Spektor for a cult artist. She's on a major label now and, hello, she's playing Bowery Ballroom. How did that happen? Well, she opened for the Strokes, her tunes are all over TV, she's got a face magazines love, and, oh yeah, she did release a thoroughly winning, whimsical album called "Begin to Hope" that pegged her as a major talent. Hope you can get tickets. With special guests.

Source: http://newyork.metromix.com/music/acoustic/regina-spekt...-side/783947/content

Events for Thursday in New York

BY KATHARINE JONES

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Thursday, January 22nd 2009, 4:00 AM

Regina Spektor plays the Bowery Ballroom tonight. The genre-blending, antifolk songstress released her most recent album "Begin to Hope" in 2006, earning Spektor her first Billboard Hot 100 hit with "Fidelity," a song which also made aappearences on "Greys Anatomy" and "Veronia Mars." Ra Ra Riot and The Bloodsugars also take the stage. 7 p.m.; $35. 6 Delancey St. (212) 533-2111.

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/arts/2009/01/2...day_in_new_york.html

Aw, im so excited!

is there gonna be a brumstix get together like last time? how many do we have representing? shoot! we forgot to make another gift....lame

A quick look back and I think this is the list

srg

wings on

Jasmine

Eats Beats

rawin

eshbach

mooebon (Just got word she's out)

chicken breasts (he'll always be Peter Pan to me!)

kailee

ssmitty

Common Loon

Limbolinda

MikeinNY

stupid_me

jenny em

richlittlepoorboy

I'm sure there will be others...