Sign in to follow this  
UnicyclePoet

Profanity/Vulgarity

quote:
Originally posted by the monster in your closet:

Yes! I Do!

Shekket b'vaka sha!

Hebrew for "Shut your mouth" or "Shut up"

Also, not so much a swear but "y'la biet" (very rough transliteration) means "go home!"

Yiddish is also full of swears.

Also, the head-of-French-Department and teacher at my school who came here from France will teach you French swear words if you swear in his class. Example: Student- "Ah shit!"

Monsieur- "No! If you swear in my class you say it in FRENCH. The word is 'merde'!"

Sadly, I've not had him as a teacher. Which might be a good thing considering his history with my older brother. Roll Eyes

Heyy, in Hebrew School they used to tell us, "Shekket b'vaka sha," ALL the time, as in "Please be quiet."

I don't think that literally translates to shut up... unless the teachers are sorely mistaken and have been telling their students to shut up for years... hahah, that might be more entertaining.

EDIT:

Yeahh, see שתקי shteki (f) or שתוק shtok (m) is literally "be silent" but in an offensive way.

Hahahha, I love this thread.

quote:
Originally posted by the monster in your closet:

Ah, okay. It's been a while since I was in Hebrew school, they used to tell us that too but in a meaner tone, as in "Hey, BE QUIET YOU BRATS" Razzer

Hahha, I'm just glad I'm not the only one who suffered the Hebrew School experience. Big Grin

Oh hebrew school. On shekket b'vakashah, I think that the b'vakashah part means please. I didn't learn anything in hebrew school, so I can't be sure. I love how no matter where in the world you are, kids in hebrew school always need to be constantly told to SHEKKET! Maybe we all got the same angry israeli women...

here's some lovely French curses excuse my spelling though.

Putain cong - vagina whore

Je mon fou - I don't give a fuck

Conard! - c**t

Petit fils du put - little son of a bitch..

Mmmmmmm...