Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

^^^ srg, you're incredible.

I have to agree =) your memory... man!

and also TIHIW (jared is it...?) you've got three eyes :P ^^^

Haha those are supposed to represent eyes? I had no idea! Thanks for telling me.

And yeah, its Jared. Smiler

haha! yeah ! it's eyes alright =) like those manga magazines. that's how their eyes look when they smile. so it's instead of the now "old" smiley Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

haha! yeah ! it's eyes alright =) like those manga magazines. that's how their eyes look when they smile. so it's instead of the now "old" smiley Smiler

I had no idea! That's funny. I always thought it was just a way of "pointing" to the above post.

I updated the list with srg's corrections.

I didn't change the dates for Us and Hotel Song; I thought I would wait and maybe srg will be able to find the setlist.

quote:
Originally posted by srg:

(8/8/2003 Le Figaro Café, NY)

I'm pretty sure there's no recording or setlist of this show (I didn't get either, at least); it's probably just a mislabel of her 8/19/03 show at Sin-é.

I was unable find a recording or setlist for this date and venue, but I know regina played this date because of a news post from her old site.

quote:
Friday, August 8, 2003

Hey Homeslices,

Tomorrow night, Friday, August 8th, 9PM, there's a show at Le Figaro Cafe (184 Bleecker Street, tel: 212-677-1100) It's a FREE show... I'll be opening for Julian Velard. Playing his keyboard. A full set. The music goes on in the back room, from what i hear it's a nice place, but i must tell ya i've never been there before. Take a chance, no? On August 19th, Tuesday night, 11PM, I'll playing at Sin-e (148-150 Attorney Street between Houston and Stanton Streets tel: 212 . 388 . 0077) You are all invited. Everywhere. Obviously. reginka

The original Song Chronology thread has Folding Chair, Genius Next Door, Patron Saint, Secret Stash,and The Devil Come to Bethlehem played on this date and I subsequently found the venue. Unfortunately, no sources were given so I have no way to substain this claim. So does anyone think I should remove this date?

Another big thanks (read cookies) for srg and his reg historian-ed-ness.

quote:
Originally posted by leaves:

quote:
Originally posted by srg:

(8/8/2003 Le Figaro Café, NY)

I'm pretty sure there's no recording or setlist of this show (I didn't get either, at least); it's probably just a mislabel of her 8/19/03 show at Sin-é.

I was unable find a recording or setlist for this date and venue, but I know regina played this date because of a news post from her old site.

Oh, don't get me wrong--I have no doubt the show took place (I was there!), but I can't quite recall with any degree of confidence what she did or didn't play that night. I just assume someone downloaded some mp3s labeled August 2003 and jumped to the wrong conclusion as to which show they were from.

Hi,

Yes it's been an enternity awhile since I last updated the post and I apologize for the lapse.

I will definitely give this post a thourough updated once exams are over and I take a week long nap to recover from the gaunlet of a semester I've had. (If you like free time and sleep you probably shouldn't choose to major in biology...)

Anyway, thanks for bringing this to my attention; I had sorta forgotten about it since I don't really come on the boards that often. Smiler

p.s.- NEW RECORD, WOOT!!!!

quote:

1997-1998: article

Better

Lady

Samson

20 Years of Snow

just read the article and found this bit amusing:

quote:

A: Oh, DeVotchKa were great - I love them. And I actually went to school, to college, with Langhorne.

Q: Really? Where was that at?

A: We both went to the SUNY-(State University of New York) Purchase Music Conservatory. A lot of other people who are out there creating music also went there, including Jeff Lewis and the guy from Only Son.

the guy from only son, lol. did she not know him yet? Razzer

quote:
Originally posted by legerdemain:

quote:

1997-1998: article

Better

Lady

Samson

20 Years of Snow

just read the article and found this bit amusing:

quote:

A: Oh, DeVotchKa were great - I love them. And I actually went to school, to college, with Langhorne.

Q: Really? Where was that at?

A: We both went to the SUNY-(State University of New York) Purchase Music Conservatory. A lot of other people who are out there creating music also went there, including Jeff Lewis and the guy from Only Son.

the guy from only son, lol. did she not know him yet? Razzer

she could be saying that for the benefit of the interviewer, who likely wouldn't know a "jack dishel" right off. It helps promote jack's music by getting his professional name out there, and avoids confusion, since they're talking in a professional music context, rather than "how many musicians do you know personally?" sort of way Smiler