Sign in to follow this  
Mrs.snuffelupagus....yeah!

NEW blog post for Israel!

oh my god, i love her so much. i don't agree with everything she said (like being against israel necessarily being thinly veiled anti-semitism), but i love this post so much. she is so wonderful. most people i know only look at one side of the issue, whether it be israel's or palestine's, and i love that she doesn't. i love this paragraph:

"I believe in God, and am a Jew, and yet i love all people of other faiths, and people of no faith, with my whole heart, so i know that it is possible. I love America, and Israel, and my mother country Russia, and all the countries i have had the honor and privilege to visit, and the countries that i have yet to visit in the future, and the countries i will never have the chance to visit in my lifetime, and so i know that it is possible. I love Humans and I love Nature, though from the beginning of time they have been destroying each other, and i love them both, and so i know that it is possible. And I feel that love without paradox. Without feeling for one at the expense of another. And so i know that it is possible."

she is incredible. i cried reading this because i am so happy that i can love and relate to my favorite musician on so many levels. i, too am russian and jewish and i love israel but i find the horrible things being perpetrated against the palestinians objectionable. i swear that at some point i have said that exactly as she did, about loving all people without paradox.

i think it's so awesome that brumstix exists and that we can all discuss such an extraordinary human being Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

quote:
Originally posted by leaves:

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by leaves:

but in the end she wants what I, and everyone else wants:

peace.

If only this were true, that everyone wanted it, we'd have it....

I truly believe people want peace, but people can be selfish and only accept it on their terms.

The only terms Israel wants is to be left in peace. The Palestinians prefer war.

i think that it is extremely important to make a distinction between the palestinians and hamas. hamas is militant organization. hamas prefers war. but the palestinians are regular people just like you and me and saying that they prefer war is an unfair generalization. yes, they elected hamas, but it was out of fear. if we put ourselves in their position, it isn't too difficult to understand why they would elect hamas. the palestinians are not nearly as well off as israel. unemployment and poverty are very high and they are tired of being pushed around by israel.

quote:
quote:

ukdean31 - are you trying to say Israelis are terrorists?

Well I don't know what people define as terrorism but bombing innocent civilians definitely seems terrorist.

And Hamas firing RPGs into Israel from Hospital windows is fine just as long as Israel don't fire back?

Both sides are guilty in this guys.

agreed! i think it's fruitless to sit here and split hairs over which side is to blame. that's not the point. both israel and palestine have done things wrong. period. a conflict like this one is never the fault of just one side. so many people are dying purposelessly that we should be thinking of a solution, not pointing fingers. and i mean this as a comment about the world in general, not as an attack on anybody on this forum. like regina said, there is so much propaganda and bias and finger pointing in the news, and for what? it is baffling and upsetting to me that two incredibly cool, beautiful, intimately connected cultures can hate each other so much.

I deleted my post last night because I was very tired and I don't think I realy got accross what I wanted to very eloquently.

I was going to write another one, but I think Eliana summed up my feelings rather well.

I respekt Regina so much for writing this blog.

"I believe in God, and am a Jew, and yet i love all people of other faiths, and people of no faith, with my whole heart, so i know that it is possible. I love America, and Israel, and my mother country Russia, and all the countries i have had the honor and privilege to visit, and the countries that i have yet to visit in the future, and the countries i will never have the chance to visit in my lifetime, and so i know that it is possible. I love Humans and I love Nature, though from the beginning of time they have been destroying each other, and i love them both, and so i know that it is possible. And I feel that love without paradox. Without feeling for one at the expense of another. And so i know that it is possible."

That is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read.

I think my post before came accross a little angry, and that wasn't my intention.

Regina's words are beautiful, as always. Hamas is not Palestine – Hamas is a death cult, Palestinians are people like you and me.

But when i read something so in depth i wonder why there is no mention of the Israeli settler movement. Hard-line Israeli settlers - many of whom view Palestinians as little more than bugs - have been carving up the Palestinian territories for years. It's a big prison. And from the point of view of Palestinians, Israel is the obvious cause of all this. In such a situation, people radicalize, and the Hamases of the world thrive. ...And in saying this, I am not being "anti-semitic," as Regina might believe.

Nationalism and the seemingly innate urge to protect one's homeland are stronger forces than politics, ideology, even religion. Imagine what would happen if Mexico tried to take back even an inch of Texas (which used to be theirs) – you better believe this country would quickly develop its own good ol' boy version of Hamas, with insane Christianity in place of insane Islam. And while I'd be the first to critique this development, I wouldn't let Mexico off the hook.

Hamas is an evil death cult – about as well-intentioned as the Manson cult. But Israel and the U.S. have to tell the Meir Kahane's of the world that enough is enough.

I still love you, Regina!

i agree, i was also surprised that she neglected to mention the unfair way in which palestinians were treated upon the creation of a jewish state. the only thing i can attribute that to is nativism, which is surprising because it's regina, but nobody is infallible. and my saying this of course is not anti-semitic; i'm jewish Razzer

quote:
Originally posted by Eliana:

agreed! i think it's fruitless to sit here and split hairs over which side is to blame. that's not the point. both israel and palestine have done things wrong. period. a conflict like this one is never the fault of just one side. so many people are dying purposelessly that we should be thinking of a solution, not pointing fingers. and i mean this as a comment about the world in general, not as an attack on anybody on this forum. like regina said, there is so much propaganda and bias and finger pointing in the news, and for what? it is baffling and upsetting to me that two incredibly cool, beautiful, intimately connected cultures can hate each other so much.

God how can you be so fucking naive. For years Hamas sends suicide bombers into Israeli cafes, buses, shopping malls to murder innocent people just going about their business. And you say everyone is to blame. Fuck you.

quote:
Originally posted by one of many monkeys:

Regina's words are beautiful, as always. Hamas is not Palestine – Hamas is a death cult, Palestinians are people like you and me.

But when i read something so in depth i wonder why there is no mention of the Israeli settler movement. Hard-line Israeli settlers - many of whom view Palestinians as little more than bugs - have been carving up the Palestinian territories for years. It's a big prison. And from the point of view of Palestinians, Israel is the obvious cause of all this. In such a situation, people radicalize, and the Hamases of the world thrive. ...And in saying this, I am not being "anti-semitic," as Regina might believe.

Nationalism and the seemingly innate urge to protect one's homeland are stronger forces than politics, ideology, even religion. Imagine what would happen if Mexico tried to take back even an inch of Texas (which used to be theirs) – you better believe this country would quickly develop its own good ol' boy version of Hamas, with insane Christianity in place of insane Islam. And while I'd be the first to critique this development, I wouldn't let Mexico off the hook.

Hamas is an evil death cult – about as well-intentioned as the Manson cult. But Israel and the U.S. have to tell the Meir Kahane's of the world that enough is enough.

I still love you, Regina!

The settlers are fanatics, but they don't blow innocent people up on buses and cafes. There is no moral equivalence.

quote:
Originally posted by Eliana:

i agree, i was also surprised that she neglected to mention the unfair way in which palestinians were treated upon the creation of a jewish state. the only thing i can attribute that to is nativism, which is surprising because it's regina, but nobody is infallible. and my saying this of course is not anti-semitic; i'm jewish Razzer

You call yourself a Jew? More like a self-hating kind that tries to excuse fucking Palestinian animals.