Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mortality.

70 posts in this topic

Aww I'm so sorry everyone. Frowner

My Nana passed away on 2nd April this year, after her breast cancer spread. I got to see her a few days before, but I missed the funeral because I was ill. Frowner

I just got word that a girl who went to my high school died. I didn't know her personally, she's a lot younger than me. But I knew who she was and knew her story. She just graduated last year, but had been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor during her junior year. It's just crazy sad, that not only was her life taken but she spent the last two years going on and off chemo and loosing her senses one by one. First, her vision deteriorated, and then as the tumor pressed onto her brainstem more and more she lost sensation in her extremities and eventually couldn't walk or talk or eat. It's a horrible way to go for anyone, but especially having to be so mature about it at 18. Between stories like this and all the lectures in school, I'm wondering how I'm even here at all at my age, let alone healthy. It's beyond frightening to me how many ways our bodies can betray us.

I just found out that someone that worked at a local music store got killed. He was in a car with three other people, him and another girl in the car were killed. They were hit by a drunk driver (although I don't actually know who's fault it was).

I took me a few minutes to remember who he was.

Once I did, I immediately remembered that he was one of my favorite people that worked there Frowner

RIP Josh Lecce

Someone in my family died yesterday. Her name was Sylvia.

She was hit by a truck while riding her bike to work.

She had just graduated from Yale and was starting a job in Cleveland.

I'd only ever met her a couple times, but I remember that she was beautiful and extremely kind.

One of the last times my Dad ever saw her was at one of Regina's concerts that he went to with my sister a couple years ago...

There's more information here:

http://blog.cleveland.com/metr...a_bingham_kille.html

RJ. I'm deeply sorry for your loss. Even if you don't know a person that well, it's still family and it always hurts. death is such a strange thing. I will keep you and your family and all of her other loved ones in my heart & mind.