fidelity377

What are you watching right now?

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

I love Family Guy. It drives me insane when people refer to it as "stupid." It's a very intelligent form of humor, albeit a tad offensive at times. However, the more off-color jokes only serve to point at the prejudices, unfair assumptions, and other ridiculous notions that have always existed in society, and make light of them. If you can't beat 'em, laugh at 'em by laughing at yourself, right?

I only recently learned to appreciate the South Park humour so maybe someday I'll like Family Guy but I honestly think Family Guy is "too much". I never laugh and most of the times I'm just disgusted. American dad is quite good, though.

quote:
I only recently learned to appreciate the South Park humour so maybe someday I'll like Family Guy but I honestly think Family Guy is "too much". I never laugh and most of the times I'm just disgusted. American dad is quite good, though.

^^ South Park is A LOT worse than family guy when it comes to sexualized jokes and poty humour in my opinion. American Dad is insanely funny as well.....The Japenese kid Yoshi is my favorite. South Park is pretty funny, but I can only take so much of the cussing and poty humour. This one time I was brought to tears from laughing so hard when Family Guy made fun of that old crime show....I think Canon is what its called..... Family Guy nails it when making references to History, Celebrities, and politics.....Seth McFarlane is a freaking genius.

Oh man, Lost is just getting better and better. It's all starting to come together, and the bigger picture six years in the making is becoming clear! I love this show so much.

"Alright, I know I sound like a broken record, but how many times do we have to go over this? If you have the last cup of coffee, you remove the filter and throw it away. Fear not. I will make a fresh pot."

ALLEN: "So Craig has an online girlfriend now. Like... like that's anything to brag about, alright? I-it-she's probably not even a girl, you know? She's probably a fifty-five year old balding guy who lives in his mom's basement, who tells me that he needs to meet me at a Starbucks -- at the one that my cousin works at-- so then he'll tell all my family so that every Christmas, whenever Allen shows up, they're all like, 'oh, there's the guy who's on the date with the fifty-year-old man', when i really wasn't, i thought she was a really hot girl.

*pause*

What?"

xD