fidelity377

What are you watching right now?

@ Dexter: The last season finale was phenomenal but this season, meh, predictable and a bit dissapointing considering it should be the last season and there are only two episodes left.

I don't know, I really love this season; It's really my second favorite after Season 4. I haven't thought any of it's been predictable, it's been so off it's usual story pattern.

Also, where'd you hear this is the last season? I don't watch it on TV, are they advertising it like that?

Every time I've seen a discussion about whether or not this is the last, people usually say that they've renewed it two more seasons after 4.

I don't watch it on tv either but as I recall it originally should have had 3 season then it got really popular so they added another two but said that it would be wrapped by the fifth season. I can't find any official statement about this and you're right, the discussions are unconclusive as well so it's probably too "big" to conclude now.

I think that is the problem - the current season is off it's usual pattern and on the usual tv stuff. Dexter started as a straight-forward psychopath without deeper emotions or attatchements. Then it got more "complicated" and with season 4 and 5 they totally twisted his personality. I really don't like Dexter's transition: now he's more a less a normal person, boring. It is unrealistic. Look at the amount of mistakes Dexter's made in season 4, the police would have to be a bunch of complete morons (which the series go to great lengths to deny) not to at least suspect him.

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

I really don't like Dexter's transition: now he's more a less a normal person, boring. It is unrealistic. Look at the amount of mistakes Dexter's made in season 4, the police would have to be a bunch of complete morons (which the series go to great lengths to deny) not to at least suspect him.

I personally like how his character is developing, although I hope the conclusion to the series isn't him feeling again and righting everything. I personally think the series should end with him dying, but that's probably just me.

And yeah, they definitely are toning down the "dexter is a badass who can evade police and FBI because of pure wit and cunning" a lot, which is definitely a shame. I guess they got a new director after season 3, I think, so that would explain a lot of the changes.

While the changes are clearly noticeable, I still really enjoy how it is now. Lumen's storyline, I feel, is amazingly done, and I feel her and Dexter make a good team.

I'm ambivalent about this season so far. I'm not gonna cast a final judgment on it till after the finale. Regardless, it's still my favourite show.

There's a new showrunner this season hence the oddness of the story pattern/character development. I think i'd be super bored if Dexter was still the same old sociopath from season one.

I do kinda wish Lumen was played by an unknown actress rather than someone i associate with movies that i thought were cool when i was 14...

I heard there's definitely gonna be a sixth season.

Raph, i thought John Lithgow made season 4 pretty awesome, but i was bit sick of Dexters family...

quote:
Originally posted by Nat:

Raph, i thought John Lithgow made season 4 pretty awesome, but i was bit sick of Dexters family...

Which is exactly why Season 4 ended the way it did. c:

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

quote:

Which is exactly why Season 4 ended the way it did. c:

Which is why i quite like this season despite the ridiculous aspects

quote:

I heard there's definitely gonna be a sixth season.

Not that I don't like Dexter but it is the kind of series that should go out in a blaze of glory not fade away and be canceled after ten or so seasons...