Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

What about a new album?

Here is the latest information that reg gave to a group of us stixers after the show at the Bowery Ballroom in January of 2009.

The good news is she feels she is almost done. She is having a tremendous time working in the studio with all the toys available to her now. But she is frustrated with the process. Specifically how long it takes to do things. It’s not like the old days of sitting down and knocking out an album in a day or two à la pre BTH releases.

The bad news is she feels that it will be more like year end before we get to see it. She described finishing BTH in October of 2005, yet it wasn't released until June 2006. That's 9 months. Keep in mind she had not delivered the completed album as of this meeting. It does take the record company a lot of time to produce the finished product. She expressed her gratitude though for the record company and said she considered herself lucky that they work with her the way they do.

She said she has asked the record company to do everything possible to get this out before 2010. That one statement spoke volumes to me. I asked her if she was preparing us, she said yes. She also said that she's guilty too. Her perfectionism is a fault. I found it refreshing that she stepped up and took her share of the delay.

She knows we're out here. She knows we are dying for it. But it is what it is. I would suggest you set your mind frame for early 2010 and if a miracle happens, so be it.

As far as content, rawin made a not so veiled attempt by asking, so what's been your favorite song to work on. Of course reg, without missing a beat said, they've all been my favorites. I asked if she would mind telling us if there would be any new content, reminding her that we know her complete catalog, which put a huge smile on her face and she responded, I know YOU guys know all of it. She thought about it for a while and then said, she couldn't make any promises as she will produce many more songs then will end up on the CD and there is no set list as of yet. But she did say she has about 5 songs that none of us would know in the mix.

Please refrain from bumping threads that have anything to do with new albums unless you have a solid verified source of information as they tend to really get people excited around here for some strange reason Wink

Here is the latest information that reg gave to a group of us stixers after the show at the Bowery Ballroom in January of 2009.

The good news is she feels she is almost done. She is having a tremendous time working in the studio with all the toys available to her now. But she is frustrated with the process. Specifically how long it takes to do things. It’s not like the old days of sitting down and knocking out an album in a day or two à la pre BTH releases.

The bad news is she feels that it will be more like year end before we get to see it. She described finishing BTH in October of 2005, yet it wasn't released until June 2006. That's 9 months. Keep in mind she had not delivered the completed album as of this meeting. It does take the record company a lot of time to produce the finished product. She expressed her gratitude though for the record company and said she considered herself lucky that they work with her the way they do.

She said she has asked the record company to do everything possible to get this out before 2010. That one statement spoke volumes to me. I asked her if she was preparing us, she said yes. She also said that she's guilty too. Her perfectionism is a fault. I found it refreshing that she stepped up and took her share of the delay.

She knows we're out here. She knows we are dying for it. But it is what it is. I would suggest you set your mind frame for early 2010 and if a miracle happens, so be it.

As far as content, rawin made a not so veiled attempt by asking, so what's been your favorite song to work on. Of course reg, without missing a beat said, they've all been my favorites. I asked if she would mind telling us if there would be any new content, reminding her that we know her complete catalog, which put a huge smile on her face and she responded, I know YOU guys know all of it. She thought about it for a while and then said, she couldn't make any promises as she will produce many more songs then will end up on the CD and there is no set list as of yet. But she did say she has about 5 songs that none of us would know in the mix.

Please refrain from bumping threads that have anything to do with new albums unless you have a solid verified source of information as they tend to really get people excited around here for some strange reason Wink

This isn't very surprising to me. I am going through the same thing right now. I was thinking that I could have my new album done by March/April and I'm looking at a time frame that is way far beyond that.

I can wait for Reg's new album. We all can. We know it will be spectacular when it's finally out. I just hope the fans I'm picking up along the way feel the same about my new record!

Big Grin

Thanks so much for this George!