Sign in to follow this  
sicko

"Far" Regina's Next Album :D

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

quote:
Originally posted by JosephCa64:

I think some people are missing the forest for the trees.

Regina is a brilliant live performer and sure, live versions of so many of her songs are better than the studio versions.

Who cares?

Why would she just try to recreate what she does on stage in the studio?

I would imagine that would be quite boring for her and it wouldn't help her in growing as a musician.

Hey, I agree with you totally. She should be able to do whatever she wants to her songs, but that doesn't mean people can't state their opinions on said changes. Its not a one way street.

Well, of course, kay, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I just think comparing studio tracks to live tracks is not really an apt criticism. Regina is a very unique artist, in that she has played so many unrecorded songs on stage, for literally years now, and she is also very giving in sharing those performances online--be it youtube or regspekt, or wherever.

So, for the "superfan," of course you're going to make comparisions.

It's impossible for us to hear particular tracks for the "first," time, as we've already heard them 100s of times in different forms.

So, this type of criticism was inevitble with Regina and probably will continue, as she still has so many other songs we all know already, but have not been officially released.

However, for the general listening audience, most of them have never heard these songs before. It's a completely different experience for them.

quote:
Originally posted by folding chair:

the new man of a thousand faces makes me sad.

mee too... deeply so. cause the rest of the song sounds great. but its as if they turned down the volume on the climax of the song. i just can't understand. like belting it out would be such a simple thing to do to make the song perfection... and she didn't. I wish i could just lay the, "good is better than perfect, scrub til your fingers are bleeding" from my live version on top of the album version and it would be perfect... haha i guess thats weird and obsessive but its really bothering me. still, i don't think people who haven't heard the live version will feel like they are missing anything.

quote:
Originally posted by silver bullet trailer:

quote:
Originally posted by folding chair:

the new man of a thousand faces makes me sad.

mee too... deeply so. cause the rest of the song sounds great. but its as if they turned down the volume on the climax of the song. i just can't understand. like belting it out would be such a simple thing to do to make the song perfection... and she didn't. I wish i could just lay the, "good is better than perfect, scrub til your fingers are bleeding" from my live version on top of the album version and it would be perfect... haha i guess thats weird and obsessive but its really bothering me. still, i don't think people who haven't heard the live version will feel like they are missing anything.

Are we still judging from the 30 second clip, or is there a whole version out?

I'm thinking its hard to make a judgment that severe from just a 30 second clip. Don't write the song off just yet.

And even if you do hate it, you'll always have the live version.

Oh yeah, and ricky, would you mind posting the bulletin? I don't have a myspace, so I can't see it.