Sign in to follow this  
sicko

"Far" Regina's Next Album :D

I listened to Two Birds and that's it... I can wait for the MySpace stream. I love it. It's even better than the 30-second sample had me hoping it would be.

I've decided that when her next album comes out, I'm not going to listen to any material that comes before the album. No samples, no leaks, not even the first single. I've never gotten to experience a Regina album the way it should be experienced: a single unit that unravels piece by piece like a well-kept secret.

It may not be for another three years, but I'm looking forward to it immensely.

^^let's swear on that Big Grin

Not that I'm disappointed - I love the album and I'm as happy as a girl can be, but...My Koss porta pro is broken, have only my shitty little panasonic earbuds and shitty laptop with virtually no speakers, the songs are low bitrate, I'm stressed as hell because of exams and my physical copy of far will come in like six weeks. Not really ideal conditions for true enjoyment that Reg's music deserves. Next time, I'm gonna wait till I have the cd in my hands and the time is absolutely right! (eh, sorry for the rant)

I finally got it! I had to download Firefox, re-install Adobe and pretend to be British ('ello, mate) and it was all worth it!!!!!!! Big Grin

I'm on OMTWF right now. I don't think it's that bad. Genius is amazing! It reminded me of the Twilight Zone before I remembered she mentioned it. This album is so incredible!

EDIT: Oh my god, Man of 1000 Faces is perfect! I fell like it's perfect to end the album. Like, after listening to this album you get to this song and it's like... some sort of reminder... of something. I don't know. I just know this album is PERFECT!

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa...:

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

Hmm thanks but I think I'll wait.

Same here.

I couldn't do it Rosa... I gave in and I'm listening to it now... Heart is melting... Brain exploding... I love this woman.

♥ Regina ♥

Man. Well, I can't say I blame you, but I won't give in. I'm with this person entirely:

quote:
Originally posted by addiction to hands&feet:

i don't think i'm going to listen. i want to savor the moment when i have the cd in my hands and then run and put it in my cd player (not even going to put it on my ipod for awhile; takes too long) and then sit in a quiet corner somewhere and close my eyes and die of happiness. or something along those lines.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

I've never gotten to experience a Regina album the way it should be experienced: a single unit that unravels piece by piece like a well-kept secret.

It's funny. I experienced all the previous Regina cds in the single unit way, and I think I prefer hearing the cd bit by bit. I find it overwhelming to hear all at once. Once I've gotten to know each song, I can listen to them all in sequence and fully appreciate the cd as a unit. As I am doing now!! Smiler

I guess I am slow to absorb things. And I really don't care much about surprises. When I was little, I always opened all bday gifts at once because I didn't mind if there was nothing left to open; I just liked playing with the toys. Maybe the definitive evidence of my indifference to surprises is that, when I was pregnant, I DID choose to find out the sex of my kids ahead of time. Having a baby was plenty exciting as it was! Smiler