Sign in to follow this  
sicko

"Far" Regina's Next Album :D

quote:
Originally posted by ontheradiox3:

I haven't heard the entire album yet, but is anyone else dissapointed by "Folding Chair"? I was looking forward to this song the most on Far, and when I heard it, it just sounded SO overdone. Frowner

I extremely dislike folding chair, it is WAY TOO OVERPRODUCED, they took such a great song and ruined it, the demo version is much better.

Frowner

My thoughts after a few listens...

Since I tried to keep my expectations low, for my own sake really, I personally am overwhelmed by the album.

I don't like to skip songs when listening to new albums anyway, but I am really hooked in with every song and don't feel the need to skip at all, that to me is the mark of a good record.

Each song has it's own flavor, vocally and musically. It's beautiful.

I think she has defined her sounds much more and it's just perfect, her voice is clear, crisp and as piercing as ever.

She is the same quirky Regina we love, and genuinely sounds like she's having fun in most of the songs.

It's very odd adjusting to hearing certain songs I have listened to for so long in live version format, now in studio, but it's all good and great to hear how she has heard them in her head for all this time.

All in all I think she's worked damn hard on this album and I hope she gets the credit she deserves for it. Big Grin

Well done guys for holding out for release day... I am very weak when it comes to Regina. lol

Machine is staggering! What is that sound in there? Sounds like an airplane landing. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Could be Regina's best "full band," moment to date. It rocks!

And, I have to agree, it sounds like an old Reg song, lyrically it feels like an old Reg song with themes of pre/present apocalypse.

Only it's mixed with a sonic explosion!

I couldn't resist listening to it. Machine is definetley my favorite, it's crazy good and the full band does not bother me at all. The piano is lovely, so machine-like

THE LIVE VERSION IS GOING TO RULEEEEEE!

I will leave my other comments on my feelings for each song later. After it all soaks in Wink

Does anyone have the lyrics to the new songs?? Are they up on any site yet?? Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

I couldn't resist listening to it. Machine is definetley my favorite, it's crazy good and the full band does not bother me at all. The piano is lovely, so machine-like

THE LIVE VERSION IS GOING TO RULEEEEEE!

I will leave my other comments on my feelings for each song later. After it all soaks in Wink

Does anyone have the lyrics to the new songs?? Are they up on any site yet?? Thanks

reginaspektor.org has the lyrics for the calculation, two birds, and machine.

Smiler

Oh God ... I'm trying to hold out until I actually get my copy of the album, but with all this talk of how great it is, coupled with my awful job and resulting constant need for cheering up, it won't be easy. I'm so excited!