Sign in to follow this  
sicko

"Far" Regina's Next Album :D

I haven't posted in a while, but have to throw in my 2 cents...

I have to admit I am not a fan. I feel like the songs were ruined by what sounds like computer generated instruments in the background. Which obviously was intentional given the theme of the album.

She basically ruined One Time With Feeling for me, like maybe, forever.

All of these sounds played live will be AMAZING. They are AMAZING. The new ones are AMAZING. It's the production that kills me.

I know what you mean, quite quiet. The production comes across as kinda cheesy at times.

I'm seriously hoping that for the next album, Regina opts for a more old

school kind of production featuring real string sections and horn sections. Otherwise, it's a brilliant album.

I LOVE this album. at the same time, i can see what you mean about the production at times. most of the time it doesn't bother me, but in certain tracks it stands out.

for example. i LOVE LOVE genius next door, complete with the "chorus" background effects- but did it have to sound so obviously synthesized? it seriously sounds like the "voice ah" effect on my crappy casio keyboard.

all in all, however, i am in love with it. i have been obsessively listening to it ever since saturday night.

Is it bad to say that I'm a little bit dissapointed? I feel all the live songs that are now on the album sound a little bit... silly. Especially One More Time With Feeling. That song used to have this deep sort of sound, and now that all of this extra music's added, I feel like the essence of the song is kind of lost.

WARNING: Wall of text ahead! Proceed at your own risk!

I listened... I loved.

The Calculation - Meh, probably my only neutral song on the whole album.

Eet - I warming up to the song, it's beautiful, but I can't stand the video.

Blue Lips - I love this song, nothing can replace the live versions, but I love this one. I realized after a while that what I didn't like about this song was Regina's vocal performance, it just wasn't as satisfying as the live versions.

Folding Chair - I didn't think I liked this song until it came on on shuffle play and I was just loving it. Yeah, it's a little overdone, but it makes up for it.

Machine - Probably my favorite song from the album, it's such a strange song, very dark but very playful. I can't help but be reminded of the videogame Fallout 3 when I hear this song though :P

Laughing With - Great song, love the video, deep lyrics. Definitely Regina Smiler

Human of the Year - Love love LOVE this song, it's so chilling! I've had it stuck in my head since I heard it the first time.

Two Birds - This is a song that I did not think I would like, but it is now possibly one of my favorites from this album. Love it!

Dance Anthem of the 80s - How could you not like this song and video?! It's fantastic! Everyone I know loves this song!

Genius Next Door - Along with Machine, Human of the Year, and Two Birds, I get chills when I hear this song, it's amazing.

The Wallet - Not crazy about this song. It's a great song, it's cute and funny, but it's just not my cup of tea.

One More Time With Feeling - Oh boy... All the little things like the multi layered vocal track just ruined this song for me, it was once great, the old ones still are, but this isn't the same song, hopefully I will come to love it like a new song.

Man of a Thousand Faces - I wasn't really interested in this song before, and I'm really not much more now :/

I like this version, it'll go in my playlists but, as of right now, I'm not yearning to hear this song.

Gah, how is it possible to love so much someone you've never met? I've loved this woman since the moment I heard her play Fidelity on Conan O'Brien. I was back in Asia teaching then, had no tv, and was sitting in my small room waiting for the youtube video to load. I would put off grading my students' papers till the wee hours of the morning and was hooked on youtube watching one live performance after another till I think I watched all there was of her shows in there.

I find it annoying when people compare her to this or that artist. In my opinion, the woman is as unique as Mozart, Shakespeare, and Dickinson, she's a whole different genre all on her own. There can not be another Reginka!

I've lurked here from time to time since I first discovered her and of course now that I can't wait to get the new album in the mail. Finally signed up. Why? Because I'm in love and I wanna shout it!! And you all are totally beautiful!

I am refraining from downloading though. Don't know how long that will last, but so far I've been good for a day. Gawd, feels like I'm in "The Contest" episode of Seinfeld. Ha!

quote:
Originally posted by ginkafan:

Gah, how is it possible to love so much someone you've never met? I've loved this woman since the moment I heard her play Fidelity on Conan O'Brien. I was back in Asia teaching then, had no tv, and was sitting in my small room waiting for the youtube video to load. I would put off grading my students' papers till the wee hours of the morning and was hooked on youtube watching one live performance after another till I think I watched all there was of her shows in there.

I find it annoying when people compare her to this or that artist. In my opinion, the woman is as unique as Mozart, Shakespeare, and Dickinson, she's a whole different genre all on her own. There can not be another Reginka!

I've lurked here from time to time since I first discovered her and of course now that I can't wait to get the new album in the mail. Finally signed up. Why? Because I'm in love and I wanna shout it!! And you all are totally beautiful!

I am refraining from downloading though. Don't know how long that will last, but so far I've been good for a day. Gawd, feels like I'm in "The Contest" episode of Seinfeld. Ha!

I like your comment Smiler

Congratulations, you are now officially a Stixer!

quote:
Originally posted by ginkafan:

I've lurked here from time to time since I first discovered her and of course now that I can't wait to get the new album in the mail. Finally signed up. Why? Because I'm in love and I wanna shout it!! And you all are totally beautiful!!

Welcome to Brümstix! and I agree with Lilly, you are great Big Grin