Sign in to follow this  
sicko

"Far" Regina's Next Album :D

quote:
Originally posted by ginkafan:

Gah, how is it possible to love so much someone you've never met? I've loved this woman since the moment I heard her play Fidelity on Conan O'Brien. I was back in Asia teaching then, had no tv, and was sitting in my small room waiting for the youtube video to load. I would put off grading my students' papers till the wee hours of the morning and was hooked on youtube watching one live performance after another till I think I watched all there was of her shows in there.

I find it annoying when people compare her to this or that artist. In my opinion, the woman is as unique as Mozart, Shakespeare, and Dickinson, she's a whole different genre all on her own. There can not be another Reginka!

I've lurked here from time to time since I first discovered her and of course now that I can't wait to get the new album in the mail. Finally signed up. Why? Because I'm in love and I wanna shout it!! And you all are totally beautiful!

I am refraining from downloading though. Don't know how long that will last, but so far I've been good for a day. Gawd, feels like I'm in "The Contest" episode of Seinfeld. Ha!

Aaah, so then you must still be the master of your domain!

I agree with you on the comparisons. Also Genre. That's another one where no single category accurately describes reg.

Welcome to the stix! Cool

Oh gawddarnit, I did it! I couldn't wait! Please don't judge me, I've already ordered the litho version.

Aghhh, all I wanted was to hear "Genius Next Door" and "Human of the Year" and they are spectacular, masterpieces. And one of my most favorites is now becoming "Eet". The melody there when it gets all instrumental (if you're watching the video this is where you see those sheets flying in the wind)....ahhhh, that piece makes me feel like I'm experiencing the whole of the universe in a few seconds, and it makes me feel so hopeful...

I am so damn happy! Regina takes me into a far better place, everytime! Bless her!

And thank you for the welcome, guys!

I won't judge you, I caved as well after saying I would wait Razzer

I agree about the comparisons as well; while I was listening to Far for the first time with my mother, during Machine she said to me "This is very Kate Bush."

quote:
Originally posted by RJLupin2:

Eet - I warming up to the song, it's beautiful, but I can't stand the video.

HOWWWW? The video is so beautiful

quote:
Originally posted by Savabug!:

I think her next album should be a big-band / swing album. Big Grin

Smiler Awesome idea! I want to hear a Regina children's album... I realized this when I noticed that "Samson" reminds me of a lullaby I used to listen to on a cassette tape... The title of which is long forgotten, and the tape lost.

I have to agree, Human of the Year, Genius Next Door and MOATF are all masterpieces. Just absolutely brilliant pieces of music. I don't think it's a coincidence that when using classical arrangements, Regina shines.

Then again, Machine is also one of my favorite tracks and one of the highlights of the album, I think.

I'm trying to abstain from downloading early, just because I want to be really excited to get my album, that said...I went ahead and downloaded Machine because its new and was my favorite preview from Amazon. Holy shite, I love it soooo much. That is the Reg I know and love!