Sign in to follow this  
sicko

"Far" Regina's Next Album :D

quote:
And all the publicity and praise Reg is gonna get for being a genius.

I really really hope that with this album, regina will do one of those iTunes originals things, where she plays a bunch of songs and talks about them. Although now that i think about it, she probably wouldn't like that... Frowner

A quick song by song analysis that I've been dying to do...

The Calculation-bouncy and catchy fun, that still has all of the quirkyness I love. A unique and adorable love song.

Eet-One of the best songs on the album. The production is just stunning, and the lyrics are simple and complex all at the same time.

Blue Lips-Not one of my favorites at first, but it's grown on me once I got used to it.

Folding Chair-I originally hated the production, but in time I've grown to love the summery feel to it. It just makes me smile and sing along now.

Machine-Completely addicting to listen to. Chilling, and adds a whole new type of sound to the album.

Laughing With-This song owned my soul from first listen. That's about it.

Human of the Year-My favorite song on the album at the moment. It could not have been done better.

Two Birds-Catchy, with heartbreakingly cute lyrics. Overall it's kind of a sad song, but another of my favorites.

Dance Anthem of the 80s-Before we got all of Far, this was my favorite. They just did a great job with the song, and its video is cute.

Genius Next Door-They did not do anything wrong with this song. Which is a very good thing.

The Wallet-The production works really well in this song, I think. Not one of the album stand-outs, but still nice.

One More Time With Feeling-I'm digging the new cheery vibe to it, and it's much better than the preview originally let on.

Man of A Thousand Faces-The instrumentation is just gorgeous here, and so is Regina's voice!

That's my two cents. I just can't say a bad thing about the album.

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

13 songs, 13 different moods.

My sentiments exactly (as seen on the "Which is the better album?" thread Wink )

As for the Grammy, I actually wouldn't be surprised to see Regina take home the trophy for "far"... I rarely agree with the awards, but I have a good feeling about this.

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

Who likes the speeded up "outside the cars are beeping part" in Human of the Year compared to the live version? Do you think she did it just to be different from the live?

I like it. It just doesnt seem as grand as the previous live versions. I dont know I havnt listened to it much but it seems 'bitty' to me. I feel the live versions flowed a bit more. Its still an epic track nonetheless!