Sign in to follow this  
sicko

"Far" Regina's Next Album :D

Mine came in today too! Well, first the cd came and I was freaking out about the lack of litho, then about 30 minutes later the doorbell rang and Katy was a happy girl. Big Grin

I got 564 and I can kind of tell because the registration is a teeny bit off, but my registrations are always off so I don't care! Yay for another Reg poster! Is anyone else besides me freaking out about keeping it in good shape? I think I'm going to mount mine on foam core with some of my left over linen mounting tape (acid free...that's the only way to do it people, otherwise you'll turn it yellow down the road).

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

I got 564 and I can kind of tell because the registration is a teeny bit off, but my registrations are always off so I don't care! Yay for another Reg poster! Is anyone else besides me freaking out about keeping it in good shape? I think I'm going to mount mine on foam core with some of my left over linen mounting tape (acid free...that's the only way to do it people, otherwise you'll turn it yellow down the road).

That's really hard core but it's good to know for future reference. Smiler

mine came yesterday! my litho was number 143. I was waiting around all day, but after the mail came without my package, i gave up hope and went out. And then of course it came later in the day, and I missed it.

So i listened to it seriously all the way through for the first time this morning. pure brilliance! After inspecting the pacakge and lyrics booklet and all more closely than i probably should, some things i noticed...

the picture of the clock on the lyrics for time is all around has the time 11:11!

the lyrics for time is all around are wrong. the first and second stanzas should be switched

its really cool how under Machine it says, "Vocals, Piano, and David Byrne's installation "Playing the Building"- regina spektor"

i acutaly like the huge silence before the bonus tracks. MOATF is a perfect last track and that way it maintains the feeling. it could probably me less long though haha.

other thoughts: EVERYTHING SOUNDS PERFECT! REGINA IS A GENIUS!

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

No wonder it's "blue lips, blue veins"

Just take a look at those BLUE eyes!!! Big Grin

122hlwk.jpg

o_o Wow.

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

WTF?? WHY DOES SIRE'S WEBSITE SAY NOTHING ABOUT FAR??

As a matter of fact if you click on those buttons numbered 1-9 in the animated box on top and click on number 4, ITS ADVERTISING BEGIN TO HOPE STILL! And in regina's news category, it hasn't been updated since april 2008.

There is nothing anywhere about Far. wtf???

They updated it a bit. There's a little thing that says that far is out and links you to the explore far website. It looks like the first update to the site since july 08