Sign in to follow this  
sicko

"Far" Regina's Next Album :D

To cut the length of the track and get rid of the 10 mins is simple.

In iTunes do as suggested above. Right click the track and goto options. Set the length to 3:11 and then click ok.

Next right click the track and click convert to mp3/aac - this will depend on your import settings.

It will convert the track to be only 3:11 and you can delete the original track from your itunes.

There you go - a song of the right length and some useful disk space restored.

I LOVE "MACHINE"!!!!

Especially the chorus. It's freakin brilliant!

I can't get "Machine" and "The Calculation" out of my head!

And I can't believe how ambivalent I was to "Wallet" when she used to play it live and now I'm sooo bleedin' in love with that song. It touches my soul. Hehe.

quote:
Originally posted by James:

In iTunes do as suggested above. Right click the track and goto options. Set the length to 3:11 and then click ok.

Next right click the track and click convert to mp3/aac - this will depend on your import settings.

It will convert the track to be only 3:11 and you can delete the original track from your itunes.

Thanks, James! I wanted to know how to do this---I knew someone had explained it earlier in this thread, but the idea of rereading the whole thread to find it .... Eeker

quote:
Originally posted by James:

I never knew you could do this! I mean, I knew you could tell iTunes where to stop and start a track but I didn't know you could then convert it to a track of its own, playcount still in tact and everything! this is amazing, thank you Smiler

Thought I might as well give my 2.99 cents about the new album.

Re: the videos

I thought it was very cool when all these new videos were suddenly appearing. Certainly made revising pass more quickly with new songs in my head. I really liked Eet and Dance Anthem, but I have to say I'm not really a fan of Laughing With or Man of a Thousand Faces. The videos I mean. Laughing With looked cool, but I thought the whole thing just kept moving too fast, introducing cool effects and then suddenly moving on to something else. I don't like the video of MoaTF because you don't really see Reg herself very much. But yeah, I felt like I had to explain my reason for not liking those two, but you all can probably figure out why I liked Eet and Dance Anthem Smiler

Re: the new songs

I immediately really liked The Calculation, Eet and Two Birds, Eet probably being my favourite. I was unsure about The Machine, but after a few listens I started to understand why people liked it, so yeah- thumbs up to Reg for her songwriting Smiler

Re: the old songs

I know some other people were in the same boat about this, but I for one was worried about how some of the songs would sound after production. I thought that the extra sounds really worked for some, like Folding Chair or Human of the Year, but not so well for others. My main problem was with One More Time With Feeling, because I always saw it as a kind of sad or heavy song, and the new beat made it sound too happy and light.

I'm looking forward to hearing how they all sound next week (in PARIS! AAAAH!), as I imagine it'll change my views slightly. But for now, Far is definitely a good album. Been listening to it over and over and over again since Monday Big Grin

I BOUGHT THE SPECIAL EDITION OF FAR ON 26th!

My first physical Regina Spektor CD!!!

I love it so much. Every track. Even the ones I originally disliked. I love them.

I have gotten used to the new One More Time With Feeling, and enjoy the upbeat(ness) of it all!

And Time Is All Around is absolutely amazing. The production is ace!