Sign in to follow this  
sicko

"Far" Regina's Next Album :D

^^ lol jared it took me awhile to respond to this lol....

Actually Far is the best album ever made for me, with BTH in second place.

Ever since this album came out, I've been IN LOVE with it, but there has always been something wrong with it for me that I couldn't put my finger on until now. It is probably my least favorite album of hers, not that it isn't AMAZING (always need a disclaimer if I say that). But it's different from her other albums in a way I don't like.

I realized that Regina uses a LOT of keyboarding in far. She seems to have replaced the violins of soviet kitsch and begin to hope with keyboards (Laughing With excepted..). This makes me super nostalgic.

I mean...think about it...doesn't anyone else think One More Time with Feeling have sounded better without the weird keyboard intro and with a violin part?

i can definitely hear what you mean! Eeker i never noticed that, and i agree (though i prefer far to begin to hope Smiler)

interresting observation, indeed... i wonder why that is? i think just about every track would have benefitted from some good old violins, rather than piano. That's really interresting....

Well here is the deal. I really only listen to Regina live now. I rarely listen to Studio. I think Regina is WAAAYYYYY better live. And you got the violin and cello. Far is my all time favorite album by her. I love it! I do see where your coming from though. But I don't think it applies to my opinion because I listen to her live only.

I have bought all five of Reg's albums, do not think I have not bought any albums. (disclaimer)

quote:
Originally posted by jellybeanjules:

Ever since this album came out, I've been IN LOVE with it, but there has always been something wrong with it for me that I couldn't put my finger on until now. It is probably my least favorite album of hers, not that it isn't AMAZING (always need a disclaimer if I say that). But it's different from her other albums in a way I don't like.

I agree completely. I love it. But it also gives me a funny (bad) feeling in my stomach. I don't know. It makes me appreciate BTH more, in a funny way. I've always loved BTH,but Far is just so... shiny. It makes me appreciate the few raw edges that BTH has.

Regarding Brady's post, I understand what you're saying about Regina's live recordings being better than studio recordings, and I think that's pretty much always been true. That said, I don't think pointing that out is really relevant to jellybeanjules' post. Obviously, she is better live. It is the album versions that make me feel a bit funny.

I love Far. Don't get me wrong. And I am too new a fan to be some kind of elite purist. Anyhoo. I think I need to sleep, because the screen is becoming distinctly blurry, and I am posting more than I usually do...

quote:
Originally posted by jellybeanjules:

I mean...think about it...doesn't anyone else think One More Time with Feeling have sounded better without the weird keyboard intro and with a violin part?

YES. I was disappointed with the way it sounded on the album. And it makes me sad that people who hadn't heard the song before hearing it on Far have a different impression of it. I hope that makes sense.

@almostspotless= My bad, I didn't not know that everyone agrees with me on that matter. When it comes to the studio version I do agree with jellybeanjules though.

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

@almostspotless= My bad, I didn't not know that everyone agrees with me on that matter. When it comes to the studio version I do agree with jellybeanjules though.

Oh no, it's okay. I don't even know why I said that, reading back my post, it seems a little severe given the circumstances.