Sign in to follow this  
sicko

"Far" Regina's Next Album :D

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

Here's my deal, I don't mind the production on Far at all. As long as Regina doesn't start using autotuning or vocoding I am cool. I think Reg is great with production, and with just a bare piano. Her music and lyrics hit me either way.

'here's my deal' what a cool way to start a comment! Smiler Well here's my deal Smiler I agree with everyone in how they love Regina live. But her studio stuff is just as great to me. One thing I like about it the best is that you can count on hearing her voice. Live is a little Roulette-y, sometimes it comes out good and other times it can be muffled, or echo-ey or can't hear it good at all. And I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever agree with the Soviet Kitch vs. Begin to Hope and far and all that bullcrap. Cause that is what it is - Bullcrap. She has been great from day one. From 'Love Affair' to Machine. The girl is a Beatle in the 21st century. And everyone is going to realize it eventually. The Beatles were popular from day one. Regina has to grow on people. But that is her uniqueness. She's a Beatle, but not a Beatle. She has her own entire thing thats her and only her. She will be the inventor of Grammy's going back to things they've missed. Mark my words my friends, she will be the reason someone invents a Grammy's missing something show. Just remember me when it happens and picture me kicking myself when I'm watching someone take my idea. I'm Tony and I'm out

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

i'm almost positive that Regina was super-excited because she /did/ use a vocoder for the first time.. on far.. but i could be wrong. Don't quote me! but i swear that came up before...

Yeah, a vocoder was used on Dance Anthem (maybe more, but I don't know if it actually has any other functions) at the build up towards the end. It's also what's used in Imogen Heap's Hide and Seek.

As Far as Regina being excited about using one, I don't remember... Razzer

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

LAUGHING WITH!!!!!!!!!!!! Was I supposed to CRY?!?!?!?!?!?! I don't know........ that's my first response. Maybe I'm too stressed out. But that was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

Time to check my blood pressure before I stroke out....

One-year anniversary of Laughing With. Ah, that was seriously intense. I've never listen to a song that many times on repeat before or since. And I falied my first, and only (so far), exam of post-secondary education on account of it. Yes, regina, you are that good.

In celebration, Go listen and try to remember how you felt. =)

for reference- page 36 of the thread.

quote:

I've never listen to a song that many times on repeat before or since. And I falied my first, and only (so far), exam of post-secondary education on account of it.

Wow, I know that feeling! Big Grin I remember Laughing With came out a few days before I took my first AP tests (Art History and World History). I didn't do so well on either. Wink

quote:

quote:

LAUGHING WITH!!!!!!!!!!!! Was I supposed to CRY?!?!?!?!?!?! I don't know........ that's my first response. Maybe I'm too stressed out. But that was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE

Time to check my blood pressure before I stroke out....

One-year anniversary of Laughing With. Ah, that was seriously intense. I've never listen to a song that many times on repeat before or since. And I falied my first, and only (so far), exam of post-secondary education on account of it. Yes, regina, you are that good.

In celebration, Go listen and try to remember how you felt. =)

for reference- page 36 of the thread.

AHHHHHHH! I remember freaking out a lot when Laughing With came out. I couldn't keep still for the rest of that day haha.