Sign in to follow this  
sicko

"Far" Regina's Next Album :D

In 300 years, when our great-great-great-grandchildren are checking out music by putting their finger into entertainment sockets, they're not going to know what "Blockbuster" or "Netflix" or "Juicy Fruit" are. They'll be like, "What's fruit?" They'll probably be living in a cement pod and eating food through intravenous tubes. They're not going to know any of this shit.

i don't know how she does it. ahhh. luff.

edit: i just realised the release date is 2 days before my birthday! eeeek! thaaaaanks reggggg!

quote:
Originally posted by SocksOnRight:

So we definitely know that the songs Folding Chair, The Wallet, Genius Next Door and The Calculation are on the album...

Pitchfork article: Among the songs that may be included on the record (the tracklist has yet to be set)

quote:
Originally posted by Pavlov's Stepson:

My only concern is the four "hit-making" producers. In my experience they dumb-down music, make it more generic and bland and acceptable for commercial radio.

Regina Spektor:I just thought, "I'll work with a few producers, learn from each one, and I'll have a record." I'm pretty much stuck sounding like myself...

another new blog

http://blogs.myspace.com/index...484&blogId=477142623

quote:

New record...

Hi peoples and peeplettes! Hello again...

Ok. Installment part troi. I'm amazingly excited... My record, that i've been working on for a while now, with four wonderful producers, is finished. It's going to come out in June! I did an interview with Pitchfork about it, and today it came out, so it's starting to sink in that this is really happening... wow... wow. Wow! The feeling of being on a roller coaster and looking down at the plummet... Both exciting and terrifying. More exciting though... much more.

This record is called "Far".

Here is a link to the interview: http://pitchfork.com/news/3483...als-new-album-ifari/

In the summer i'm going to do some festivaling and shows in Europe and the UK, and then in the fall and onwards tour in America... Obviously plans come and go and change and never turn out how you thought, but i am hoping to see all the places i've been to, and also visit tons of new places this time... New countries too... The world is so big, for such a small world... All the dates for that will get posted pretty soon, once they are finalized. I am already sure i am playing the Hultsfred Festival in Sweden, on Thursday, July 9. I love Sweden! Especially in the summer when the sun never goes down... It just doesn't. It's amazingly confusing... 10pm and the light is soft and gentle; it might as well be 5pm...

well... till next time... this is your home-slice reg, saying,

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers.