Sign in to follow this  
sicko

"Far" Regina's Next Album :D

I obviously haven't heard the whole album yet, so perhaps I am premature in my pronouncements.

But, I'm guessing this song, in reviews of the album might get the most attention of any track.

Cetainly she's going to be asked about it, so maybe we'll have a better idea of her own perspective.

It's a fascinating piece of song writing--it is all at once incendiary--almost mocking the extreme views of God, so many have, particularly in America.

While, at the same, it's greatly respectful of the notion of God.

The duality of the lyric is very compelling.

I was just listening to the song in my car (the car test!) where I could hear it better than on my lousy computer speakers. And I had a kind of epiphany about the lyrics.

At first, I had thought the meaning was basically people are hypocrites, which seemed unlike regina. But now I think she's just observing that we sometimes laugh at religion because it does seem funny, but when faced with life's hardships, we are glad to have god to "laugh with."

My original reading made the song seem so uncharacteristic of Regina. But now she seems more like herself to me---dark but still affirming---so Russian!! Wink

(So in other words, I agree with you JosephCa64!)

Definitely an interesting single choice.

On another note, I'm glad to see the track list, but correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read somewhere that they would release a special edition with 3 more tracks, is it possible that there will be studio versions of "Baby Jesus" or "Loveology"?

quote:
Originally posted by squeakycleanK:

zach braff added the song to his myspace playlist Smiler

I deeply respect his taste in music ever since he called Imogen Heap as one his favorite singers.

Yeah Zach Braff also used one of my other favorite artists songs for his movie the Last Kiss or something like that. Rachael Yamagata and REGINA are my favs. Apparently Zach likes them both.