Sign in to follow this  
sicko

"Far" Regina's Next Album :D

quote:
Originally posted by mattrscity:

I really hope 2 classic Regina songs arent turned into ELO overproduced sounds.

Jeff Lynne is an amazing producer. He has done much more than ELO. Traveling Wilburys, Tom Petty, George Harrison, the list is huge. I don't understand the backlash towards songs that he co-produces with the woman whose ultimate vision will be what the album is. And I'm not just pointing to matress city Wink, there have been other comments made.

If you don't like the final production you're going to need to take it up with reg. She is the ultimate decision maker. Did she get suggestions from the other producers? Of course she did. This is the whole reason for going through the process. Did she use all of the things suggested? Of course she didn't. She is one tough cookie and has her own vision and we all know that.

Is it my imagination or does it seem we tend to take the glass half empty view around here. We try to find problems with things before we even experience them. It was the same with the mod. Oh the mod's going to stop this and ban that.

I guess we're all suffering from Devil's Advocatitis.

Cool

Blue Lips is veeery different, but sounds awesome! I love how she sings "blu" lips Smiler

And the cover is beautiful... I'd love it as an album cover.

quote:
Originally posted by lick rocks:

I'm not sure about that new version of Blue Lips yet, probably because I'm used to the live versions with nothing added, just pure Reginaness.

Yeah, same here...

Not entirely sure it's gonna "grow on me" either :|

It's definitely got a different quality from Regina's old starkness, particularly as we're used to hearing it in this song, but I'm not sure I mind that: it might sound pretty good as a rock song. Anyway, if Regina herself is happy with it, and I don't think she would have released a song she wasn't happy with, I don't think we have any reason to resent the production, even if we end up not liking it ourselves.

I, for one, really like the 30 second preview.

Oh wait, let me repeat that: 30 second preview

This is the problem with artists who choose to be generous with recordings, like Regina. People hear a live version and they listen to it however many hundreds of time, and then when the album comes out and the song isn't a solo piano track, there's an uproar because everyone already had their own vision before they heard Regina's.

I'm glad she did something extreme with a song; if I want to hear it like it is into the live version, I'll listen to the recording. I'm sure a demo will leak some day, or that an amazing soundboard copy will surface, for everyone who wants that "perfect" barebones verison.