Sign in to follow this  
sicko

"Far" Regina's Next Album :D

The evolution of Better is a great example of that....and there are people who feel strongly about one version over another...or the continuous Samson Songs vs BTH debate....we're so lucky to have this wealth of material....there aren't many artists you can say this about.

yeah, one of the greatest things about regina's music is that there is so much of it... most artists stuggle to find stuff to put on their new albums and take months to write songs... with regina, songs just fly out of her, so we have a lot to choose from.

sometimes the luxury of having such a wealth of songs is hard because we get attached to certain versions. i think far will be amazing, based on what we've heard, and i try to keep an open mind about things. if i really wind up hating an album version of a song, i will still have a live recording to listen to.

Blue Lips sounds really, really great. At first I was a bit shocked about the drums and such, but I got over that quickly.

Love it! Big Grin

i don't quite understand the people who are afraid of the music being produced differently than the acoustic tracks we are used to.

isn't that the whole point of a record...to add in the stuff that she can't accomplish with just her voice and the piano?

if Regina just recorded all of these familiar songs the same or very similarly to the way she plays them live, then there would be absolutely no point to making the album. and, i don't see why any of us would have any reason to be excited for a new album because we wouldn't really be getting anything different.

"Blue Lips" is one of my two favorite Regina songs and i, for one, am very glad she did what she did to the song. it's only 30 seconds, but what i hear sounds great. maybe i'll prefer the live, raw version and maybe i won't, but i would rather she push past the creative limits of a live show when she's in the studio.

wondering what she's going to create and then listening to this new sound is like hearing a whole new song.

i totally agree, change is good but only good if used in the 'right' way. I think for regina to grown as an artist her sound will have to be fresh each time a new album comes to show her development.

I really like how its sounding, i can imagine the album to be like that, that was my vision as soon as jeff lyne was annouced Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by mattrscity:

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

2. Harmonizing on Genius and Blue Lips

yesssss

Harmonizing on Genius and Blue Lips

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope 2 classic Regina songs arent turned into ELO overproduced sounds.

I think we should be happy for regina and understand that she has the money now to do what she would like with her songs. She seems very happy and content with the album if you read that last interview. I think its amazing that shes able to mess around with other instuments and have the direction of inspiring producers. And we will always have the live, only piano versions, and im sure we will get more of those too when she goes on tour