Sign in to follow this  
sicko

"Far" Regina's Next Album :D

Forgive me for going into a tangent here, but listening to this re-produced version of Blue Lips reminded me of an episode of South Park in which the creators skewered George Lucas for adding all these extra scenes into the original series, re-doing the special effects, etc. One of the things that's unique about Regina's situation (as opposed to other artists that "evolve" in each subsequent album) is that so many of the songs that get included in her new albums are older, stripped down songs... and so there's a direct comparison you can make between an older, low-fi version of Regina and the newer produced version.

Anyway, I get it that Regina has the final decision on how her songs are produced, etc., etc… and no matter what she does, I’m going to support her… but to me it just seems unnecessary to play around with her music that much. As I told my friend when discussing this issue: “let me put it in different terms, it’s like seeing a nice Fendi bag (she’s into fashion), and having some asstard add racing stripes to it.” Man, I can’t wait to hear Folding Chair!

I honestly don't know why you guys dislike it so much, I mean, first off, it's only a thirty second clip so we can't even know for sure if it's over produced, second off, the only thing I hear that's really that different is that sound after the "chorus". I can understand disliking the song in general but, if you really like the song, have faith in it, hope it'll be good.

Cause it's not just her and a her piano. Ha, I'm kidding of course. You're right, it's only a short clip... we'll have to wait til we hear the full version. And to be honest, it doesn't bother me that much... I'm just saying, it's not what I prefer.

The clip really surprised me, but I love it. I was wondering what she was going to do with all these ballady type songs. So, I'm really glad she's mixing the songs up and really going for something different. It's an album. It shouldn't sound exactly like it's done live. A nice stripped down version would be great on an EP or something though.

ahhh I love it!!

I can sort of understand why some people wouldn't be crazy about it...but I would be so disappointed if there was no production and it was just her and her piano...we still have the live versions...there would be no point in having the sngs on the album exactly the same as she does them live...

Man, I think I'm going to stop reading this thread until the album comes out... I've already heard Laughing and the Blue Lips clip, but I just want the rest of it to be as much of a surprise as I can make it. This is a really hard decision for me as I'm sure I will be more than tempted to hear these songs when they are leaked... But Far is worth it.