Sign in to follow this  
Reginaoverdose

College decisions

Well, I have about two weeks to decide between East Carolina University or University of North Carolina at Greensboro.

I was accecpted into both dance programs. And I CANT decide, it's the hardest decision ive ever had to make. HELLLLPPPPP?

Well, I have about two weeks to decide between East Carolina University or University of North Carolina at Greensboro.

I was accecpted into both dance programs. And I CANT decide, it's the hardest decision ive ever had to make. HELLLLPPPPP?

i don't know what to tell you, but i can say you're not alone. i'm in the same position... i can't choose! i'm not an indecisive person either... this is just such a huge deal and i don't want to mess it up.

well, i know this doesn't really help. i, personally, would appreciate some advice from people who have been through this. O, experienced elders, wilt thou share thy wisdom? Razzer

i chose a school that was very far away from my parents b/c i didn't get along with them. looking back, that obviously wasn't a good idea. i also chose a private college over a public...in the end, you get a degree so it doesn't really matter that much. trust your heart. do the people that go there seem like people you like? have you talked to people in the programs you are interested in?

1) Go where you feel amazing!!!!!!!

2) Keep in mind the price (if $ is an issue).

3) Can you see yourself running around with a cardboard box over your head and feeling great about it? (The third point is a bit specific to me. I have always loved boxes...)

--Rule 1 trumps all, except rule 3!!!

I can relay 2 pieces of advice that my sister gave me when I visited her at university, but they're kind of personality specific so you can agree or disagree with them.

1. Go away for school so that you're more immersed in campus life, but stay close enough to home that you can get there easily should you want to. There's no point in going really far away just for the sake of going really far away.

2 (somewhat in retrospect). She's happy she went somewhere that a lot of her highschool friend's didn't go to because she gets to make new friends and meet new people.

The only advice I can give is something that helps me make decisions in general. If there are two options, flip a coin. When i do this, about half the time I realize that i was secretly hoping that the other option would win the coin toss. It's a weird one but it kinda works.

quote:
Originally posted by Karl Prejekterinski:

1. Go away for school so that you're more immersed in campus life, but stay close enough to home that you can get there easily should you want to. There's no point in going really far away just for the sake of going really far away.

YESS, I totally agree!

Also, there are two kinds of people, those who will be happy anywhere and those that will be happy nowhere. As long as you are the former, then it's six one way half a dozen the other.

I hated my college the first time I visited. haha. But ultimately an offer was made that I couldn't refuse. Absolutely no regrets about my decision, then or now.