Sign in to follow this  
ThePoetsLove

Serpentine Sessions, Hyde Park, LDN, June 29 2009

quote:
Originally posted by Greg:

I completly forgot about this! And I had it in the back of my mind for a while? Who here went? Any tapers? Any personal Reg encounters? Smiler

Gavin went, I'm not sure if he taped it though.

What an amazing night , Regina was amazing and SO , SO happy we all sang along and screamed for her! Such a beautiful woman too Smiler Met some wonderful people too .Thanks to you guys Smiler we tried so hard to meet regina and saw some people with the orange wristbands who met her VERY JEALOUS. Everyone was so fucking cool!!!

GREAT CONCERT

I had the pleasure (and pure blessed luckyness) of attending the Beacon NYC gig and this show.

Although the Beacon was a more powerful emotional performance, the Hyde Park show was just f-ing unbelievable. The crowd were insane in a good way. The NYC show was seated which kind of made people sit quietly and absorb/ reflect, whereas Hyde Park was just off the planet, singing along, screaming, just plain awesomeness.

The crowds reaction made me proud to be a Londoner even though I live in new york now.

And hello to anyone who saw me, I was near the front in a white shirt and blue tie and was way too hot in the summer heat Smiler

ranks up there as one of the best live gigs I have seen.

Hello EnglishGuy

I was nowhere near the front so I doubt I saw you. Was pretty much slap bang in the middle.

Anyway, show was crazy I loved it! The crowd was intense! she loved it. Had no idea she played so many songs. Off the top of my head I woulda said she played about 13 or 14. Time flew by.

Just a tad disappointed i didnt get to see her afterward. But was an awesome show Big Grin

So jealous of nat who also saw her yesterday in paris!! and Emily!

Oh, and Reggie Watts was super cool also!