Sign in to follow this  
nickynacker

Laughing With!

quote:
Originally posted by baby jesus:

someone on youtube named emelilla said this which I like to think:

"I was thinking about the meaning...

People are laughing and making jokes about God. Saying he hates us and doesn't exist.Dismissing him like he was Santa Claus.

But when things in life are hard we're not laughing anymore. Then everyone go "nonono. No, we're not laughing AT you. We're laughing WITH you." You know, like everyone says even if they don't mean it.

Maybe this was obvious. But first I thought she meant that God was laughing at us when we're miserable. And that chocked me."

EDIT:

I love the single cover!! June 23rd will not come soon enough!

HAHAHA! what?! That was me!! Ha! I had totally forgot that I ever posted my opinion on it on youtube. I remember it now though, but never thought that anyone would read it since the comments were flowing at that time. Cool =) I'm glad that someone got what I was saying and thought it was good enough to put on brüstix =)

This made me so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/guiltyfolk

A song called Regina that's supposed to be an answer to Laughing With. But this Aidan guy hasn't got a clue. Laughing with is just an observation about how people are in general, according to me. WHERE in the song does she say that she believes in the Lord and she doesn't understand how some people can't? It's the complete opposite to what regina has said in so many interviews! And that bridge about her stumbling in the park... aaaaarggghhh!!!

Why do people feel the need to be mean?

quote:
Originally posted by sweetness in my lungs:

This made me so mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/guiltyfolk

A song called Regina that's supposed to be an answer to Laughing With. But this Aidan guy hasn't got a clue. Laughing with is just an observation about how people are in general, according to me. WHERE in the song does she say that she believes in the Lord and she doesn't understand how some people can't? It's the complete opposite to what regina has said in so many interviews! And that bridge about her stumbling in the park... aaaaarggghhh!!!

haha, I actually found this song funny. ^_^ just cuz it doesn't fit with my image of Regina SPektor at all.

I mean, this guy doesn't know Regina (I'm pretty sure), and clearly, he doesn't even know Regina Spektor, the persona. I'm guessing he's been reading some of the reviews that really simplify the song.

you know, this made me wnat to write a osng in reply to his. ^_^

quote:

Why do people feel the need to be mean?

more like the need to be enlightened and witty I think...but for any regina-fan this guy obviously failed.

edit: actually, when I think about it, someone SHOULD make a song in reply to his saying something along the lines of, "you talk about assuming that god is real, about regina-somebody assuming she's right, and then you assume that you're right about her. you talk about her assuming her interpretation of god/life is right, and then you assume that your interpretation of her song is correct?"

sonething along those lines...just to point out his slight hypocrisy...cus I think it's there (the hypocrsiy). and i assume im right about that...or something...

quote:

quote:

People are laughing and making jokes about God. Saying he hates us and doesn't exist.Dismissing him like he was Santa Claus.

But when things in life are hard we're not laughing anymore. Then everyone go "nonono. No, we're not laughing AT you. We're laughing WITH you." You know, like everyone says even if they don't mean it.

Maybe this was obvious. But first I thought she meant that God was laughing at us when we're miserable. And that chocked me."

EDIT:

HAHAHA! what?! That was me!! Ha! I had totally forgot that I ever posted my opinion on it on youtube. I remember it now though, but never thought that anyone would read it since the comments were flowing at that time. Cool =) I'm glad that someone got what I was saying and thought it was good enough to put on brüstix =)

That was you!? Cool! Big Grin It still makes me mad that people think this song is atheist bashing!

quote:

quote:

quote:

EDIT:

That was you!? Cool! Big Grin It still makes me mad that people think this song is atheist bashing!

Hm. I think people need to listen more closely to the songs they hear. Same thing with this myspace-dude. Only...opposite.

And Yaya! Go for it!! Wink With those lyrics I think the chorus should be really really fast! Like "but she thinks that she's fat but she isn't but you don't love her anyway"-kind of style... hihi

The Grammies always suck and never give awards to the people who deserve them especially in recent years. We can only hope that Far is even mentioned in any award show, but I doubt it will happen with the Grammies.

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

If "Laughing With" isn't nominated for a Grammy that whole award show loses the last little bit of relevance. If nothing off Far gets nominated(or the whole album), then Regina can't possibly do any more to satisfy those jerks.

Agree wtih you 100% lol