Sign in to follow this  
nickynacker

Laughing With!

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

If "Laughing With" isn't nominated for a Grammy that whole award show loses the last little bit of relevance. If nothing off Far gets nominated(or the whole album), then Regina can't possibly do any more to satisfy those jerks.

Well I mean, the Grammies, the Oscars, they're all just publicity stunts that are made and decided by the people in the business. You can't expect them to give nominations and awards to artists who deserve it so much as you can expect them to give them to those whom they believe will be the best business investment.

Okay, that came off wayyy more conspiracy theory anti-elitist than I intended. All I'm saying is that it's a business, which is all well and good, it's their thing, but it's not necessarily being done for the art or "talent", per se.

So what I meant to say was, I watch a couple award shows sometimes, but I don't invest any emotional value or worth in them. And I do not expect Regina to get any nods from them in the first place; if she does, I'll be amazed and happy.

quote:
Originally posted by Sgtcampsalot:

quote:

If "Laughing With" isn't nominated for a Grammy that whole award show loses the last little bit of relevance. If nothing off Far gets nominated(or the whole album), then Regina can't possibly do any more to satisfy those jerks.

Well I mean, the Grammies, the Oscars, they're all just publicity stunts that are made and decided by the people in the business. You can't expect them to give nominations and awards to artists who deserve it so much as you can expect them to give them to those whom they believe will be the best business investment.

Okay, that came off wayyy more conspiracy theory anti-elitist than I intended. All I'm saying is that it's a business, which is all well and good, it's their thing, but it's not necessarily being done for the art or "talent", per se.

So what I meant to say was, I watch a couple award shows sometimes, but I don't invest any emotional value or worth in them. And I do not expect Regina to get any nods from them in the first place; if she does, I'll be amazed and happy.

Yeah I have to agree with you. They obviously don't think Regina has any commercial potential to sell $100 million worth of product, so why bother?

quote:

I really agree with you. the grammies aren't an award given for great artistic creation. thus, i don't care who gets it. in sweden people even say "to win a grammy" (i dont know if you can say thatin english). how can you "win" in art?

i think i'd rather regina not win. though any kind of recognition for a great artist/musician is always nice of course. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Yaya:

quote:

I really agree with you. the grammies aren't an award given for great artistic creation. thus, i don't care who gets it. in sweden people even say "to win a grammy" (i dont know if you can say thatin english). how can you "win" in art?

i think i'd rather regina not win. though any kind of recognition for a great artist/musician is always nice of course. Smiler

Yes, we also say that these major awards are "won," rather than "earned."

The only reason I sort of want to see regina win anything big is that is will expose more people to her music, and will help her lose that crippling "cutesy music" label.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

The only reason I sort of want to see regina win anything big is that is will expose more people to her music, and will help her lose that crippling "cutesy music" label.

I'm at the point that I just don't care anymore! As long as Reg has full freedom to make the music she wants, screw em all.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

I'm at the point that I just don't care anymore! As long as Reg has full freedom to make the music she wants, screw em all.

I'm almost to that point... I would just really prefer that people understand what her music actually is.

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

ITs for sure another Regina song, I would have to say fidelity or music box as my first favorite song of all time!

quote:
Originally posted by fidelity377:

quote:
Originally posted by Brady:

Laughing With is my second favorite song of all time!!!!!!!

OMG a few days ago I gave Bobbing for Apples a couple of listens and I am blown away....# song of all time is Bobbing for Apples for me.

What's your first? Smiler

My dad finally humored me and sat down to listen through far!

He said he really liked it, and that Regina was "really very talented". All through Laughing With, he kept saying "wow.... oh, wow... hahaha! .... woooow..." then requested that i send him the song in an e mail! (i took the liberty of adding on a few extras, of course-both of which he had requested over the past couple years)

he called me the next day and said, "that song was rough! She said, god's no big deal when you havin' fun, but once you in some trouble, theeen it's anotha story! Hahaha! No really, Bri, that's a good song. I think it was my favorite of the ones you sent me!"

my dad's hard to impress, especially with music (he's very much under the impression that the music he grew up with was the best. '70's? i can't argue with him there.) But goodness knows Regina's up to the challenge!