Sign in to follow this  
nickynacker

Laughing With!

Yeah, I just assume that the girl meant that if you actually refer to god at all, that leaves

their beliefs questioned. I know, it's silly.

Anyone can gather that Regina isn't judging

anyone, quite the contrary. She liked Machine,

and Two Birds. Everyone has their sensitivities,

and it was just weird that Far struck her that way, to me. I haven't listened to it much lately,

but did on the weekend. It's such a piece of work. Sistine Chapel of sound.

True, very true. That makes me have more faith in her. I think that if she ever blew up and got really famous I still think she would be amazing and wouldn't let the fame change her.

"Laughing With God" is still my favourite Regina song & I just played my video of her at Manchester Apollo last December, where I drove hundreds of miles to see her perform. Cool

I am not ashamed to admit that I shed a tear on listening to this atmospheric performance again. Roll Eyes

Not really sure where this ought to go, but, while I was digging around the bowels of the internet I found something interesting.

http://www.furious.com/perfect/reginaspektor.html

It's like one person's analysis of a few facets of regina. It contains some of the basic stuff, but is more personal and a decently interesting read. The secret though is that you have to read all the way to the end, because the last sentence is the gem. It's kind of eerie when you see the article is dated Oct 2008.