Sign in to follow this  
nickynacker

Laughing With!

someone on youtube named emelilla said this which I like to think:

"I was thinking about the meaning...

People are laughing and making jokes about God. Saying he hates us and doesn't exist.Dismissing him like he was Santa Claus.

But when things in life are hard we're not laughing anymore. Then everyone go "nonono. No, we're not laughing AT you. We're laughing WITH you." You know, like everyone says even if they don't mean it.

Maybe this was obvious. But first I thought she meant that God was laughing at us when we're miserable. And that chocked me."

EDIT:

I love the single cover!! June 23rd will not come soon enough!

the whole song is a sort of "who's laughing now?" thing.

when everything's fine it's ok to joke about god. haha god this blahblah. people spit his name in vain, etc etc. when you're at a party and you're happy and carefree it's fine to make jokes about god.

but then what happens when your friend is dying in the hospital? are you really so quick to laugh now? it is out of everyone's control unless you choose to believe in god. then someone would be quick to change because god is their only hope. they wouldn't dare laugh AT god now.

but what happened? the other day you were just making fun, enjoying yourself at god's expense at that cocktail party.

"no god" you say. "i wasn't laughing at you, i was laughing WITH you, honest, i swear! now please just save my friend."

it's a play on the whole laughing at vs. laughing with thing that adults say to children to comfort them. when you're in kindergarden and you do something stupid and everyone laughs at you and you begin to cry the adults tell you "no no, they're not laughing at you, they're laughing WITH you."

this was always a poor excuse because you probably weren't laughing in the first place. i think it's safe to say that god feels the same.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

Could someone help me out an upload the single cover to Wikipedia? I tried several times only to be told that the file was corrupted...

Done. Though, the file is categorized under fair use so it might get deleted later.

quote:
Originally posted by Silhouette:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

Could someone help me out an upload the single cover to Wikipedia? I tried several times only to be told that the file was corrupted...

Done. Though, the file is categorized under fair use so it might get deleted later.

Thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by Dan the man:

Yikes! I've been trying to turn my Tori buddy Molly onto Regina for years, but this is just not cool.

Scroll down, you'll find it.....

http://mollyknight.tumblr.com/

Ack. Molly Knight. *shudder*

The first three chords in "Laughing With" are the main chords that repeat throughout "A Sorta Fairytale" though. But then Laughing With jumps off becomes its own song. Three chords are three chords. It's the same idea of Regina not wanting to end Folding Chair on a sixth because she said it sounded like the Beatles, and her producer said they don't own that chord.