Sign in to follow this  
nickynacker

Laughing With!

I think this song, like most of Regina's, is ment to have a different meaning for everyone, because it applys to everyone (just in different ways). So really, all your interpertations are right. I know she doesn't sound that religous in this one (depending on how you look at it), but I think she along w/ everyone else ends up believing in god/a high power.

Can't wait for it to be released, I honestly think even my friends who roll there eyes at me everytime I bring Regina up, will enjoy this song.

Just some general thought on the song. AHHH I'm so excited Wink

man, i don't see where it sounds like a sorta fairytale at all, musically or anything.

however, the feeling it gives me is the same. i like both songs, but they both don't really match the artists that created them musically or lyricially, something is different.

quote:
Originally posted by Galactastica:

man, i don't see where it sounds like a sorta fairytale at all, musically or anything.

however, the feeling it gives me is the same. i like both songs, but they both don't really match the artists that created them musically or lyricially, something is different.

What do you mean by that? That they aren't the same?

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in the Sounds:

quote:
Originally posted by Dan the man:

Yikes! I've been trying to turn my Tori buddy Molly onto Regina for years, but this is just not cool.

Scroll down, you'll find it.....

http://mollyknight.tumblr.com/

Ack. Molly Knight. *shudder*

The first three chords in "Laughing With" are the main chords that repeat throughout "A Sorta Fairytale" though. But then Laughing With jumps off becomes its own song. Three chords are three chords. It's the same idea of Regina not wanting to end Folding Chair on a sixth because she said it sounded like the Beatles, and her producer said they don't own that chord.

Hmm, even though they are the same first 3 chords (are you positive???), those songs don't even remotely sound alike to me...and I'm a piano player that SHOULD have caught this...the fact that I didn't just proves that Regina, as you said, made it her song.

There are only a finite number of notes, some of them are gonna be repeated in ways...a lot of people don't think of that.

"A Sorta Fairytale" and "Laughing With" - tiny piano similarity but NOTHING alike.