Sign in to follow this  
nickynacker

Laughing With!

quote:
Originally posted by Karl Prejekterinski:

quote:
Originally posted by maleheffer:

has anyone felt ambitious and made a transcription of this yet?

I figured out the chords! Once you have the chords, its pretty blocky and simple.

The chords are B flat minor, F minor, E flat, A flat and D flat. Put them in order and voila, laughing with.

thank you so much karl!

Big Grin

Thanks for the chords, Karl! I was just thinking that I should go to my piano and start figuring them out, but you saved my time with that.

Argh, the YouTube struggle is extremely tricky for me, since the relationship between me and Myspace is extremely complicated. It rarely allows me to listen a song without taking tenish breaks and cutting off the end. It's almost more annoying than not have that song at all in the internet. Like keeping it at my sight but out of reach. Mad

quote:
I figured out the chords! Once you have the chords, its pretty blocky and simple.

The chords are B flat minor, F minor, E flat, A flat and D flat. Put them in order and voila, laughing with.

argh! you beat me! Wink

i was just gonna post this. thanks though! now i know i got it right! yay!

But to clarify, is it:

Bb - Fm - Eb - Ab Eb - Fm - Db - Eb

just over and over through the song?

what i meant by the laughing with/a sorta fairy tale thing, is that the songs don't alike. the piano, the music, the melody, the songs don't resemble each other to me. but, they give the same impression on me as each other. by that, both songs seem to be out of step with each artist. i feel a sort of fairytale for tori is to Laughing with for regina. also a light fluffy, face value feeling without being bad songs. -but not sounding similar in tune or anything.

it's like Come on Eileen by Dexys midnight runners and Grey Gardens give me the same feeling inside of happiness and floatiness inside, even though they sound nothing alike.

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in the Sounds:

quote:
Originally posted by Dan the man:

Yikes! I've been trying to turn my Tori buddy Molly onto Regina for years, but this is just not cool.

Scroll down, you'll find it.....

http://mollyknight.tumblr.com/

Ack. Molly Knight. *shudder*

The first three chords in "Laughing With" are the main chords that repeat throughout "A Sorta Fairytale" though. But then Laughing With jumps off becomes its own song. Three chords are three chords. It's the same idea of Regina not wanting to end Folding Chair on a sixth because she said it sounded like the Beatles, and her producer said they don't own that chord.

Hmm, even though they are the same first 3 chords (are you positive???), those songs don't even remotely sound alike to me...and I'm a piano player that SHOULD have caught this...the fact that I didn't just proves that Regina, as you said, made it her song.

There are only a finite number of notes, some of them are gonna be repeated in ways...a lot of people don't think of that.

"A Sorta Fairytale" and "Laughing With" - tiny piano similarity but NOTHING alike.

I never said I thought the songs sounded similar, but the first the chords in LW are the chords from ASF. The two songs, however, couldn't be more different!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in the Sounds:

quote:

Yikes! I've been trying to turn my Tori buddy Molly onto Regina for years, but this is just not cool.

Scroll down, you'll find it.....

http://mollyknight.tumblr.com/

Ack. Molly Knight. *shudder*

The first three chords in "Laughing With" are the main chords that repeat throughout "A Sorta Fairytale" though. But then Laughing With jumps off becomes its own song. Three chords are three chords. It's the same idea of Regina not wanting to end Folding Chair on a sixth because she said it sounded like the Beatles, and her producer said they don't own that chord.

I was hoping someone would investigate that a little, I'm a drummer, so you'll get no help from me on that one.

Yeah, and actually the first time I heard laughing with, after Reg hit the third chord, I though, okay, is she going to sing "On my way up north" now lol.