Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Beacon Theatre - June 17, 2009

you might actually be in some luck because it's an old movie theatre, and it's angled so everyone sees the stage. Hopefully this is still true eighty years later for live shows

Either way, just to be there will be awesome.

And I feel you about the english regent. I had to convince my mom the exact same thing. "Ma, this test requires me to be able to use a pencil."

"Oh, alright then."

yeah. nyse going, nysed. (new york state education department.. it's a pun, get it? >.< )

quote:

nyse going, nysed. (new york state education department.. it's a pun, get it? >.< )

ahh. clever!

hopefully the piano isn't tilted so that I can't see anything. That's what happened at McCarren. I was right up against the barrier but on the right side so I couldn't see anything but her feet.

quote:
Originally posted by Greg:

Keep in mind it's possible she'll have a band which usually means keyboard.

This is true, but the trade off is that I think she sounds better all by her lonesome, or maybe with some strings like the Jools Holland recording of Blue Lips or like GOFC at McCarren with the strings only, but I think the full band only works for songs written specifically for it (i.e. Love, You're a Whore)...

but then, actually seeing her would be nice, so I may not mind if that's what turns out happening. Either way I'm still very excited

quote:
Originally posted by Swimming Pool Noises:

so maybe this goes in wee rants but A) it's not really too wee and B) it fits better here:

So I was in Vermont for a "Young Writers' Conference" on the weekend that the tickets went on sale, so I told my friend that I'm going with to buy them ASAP on Friday at 12:00pm when the regular tickets (not the presale ones) came on sale. And there was no service up there in VT so I had no idea what was happening and I just assumed that he had bought the tickets. Because, obviously, what reason would he have for not!? So then I get back on Sunday night and I call him up and I'm like, "so what seats did we get!!!!?" And he says he hasn't bought them.

"WHY?"

"My parents were concerned because it's the day before the English Regents."

For those of you unfamiliar with the wonders of the New York State standardized test system, the Regents are a series of painfully boring, 3 hour long snoozefests that require little to no actual knowledge of the subject area about which the purport to "test" you on. I think they're designed to make sure you're not illiterate.

So I say, "Eric, it's the Regents. Are you kidding me?"

"I know, but my parents..."

And on and on so long story short he finally convinced his parents or something and we had to buy like literally the last two tickets available so we're in like the shit section of the orchestra where I won't be able to see doodoo.

So basically this will be a replay of McCarren where I will be able to here the music but only actually see her on the guitar songs and probably Dance Anthem.

but i'm still going so that's exciting I suppose...

/rant

You wouldn't happen to be behind the Soundboard would you? Cause that's where me and my Mom are sitting...

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with ThisIsHowItWorks ? I need to talk today ! My email is randy.hills(Atsign)thehartforddotcom till 3pm EDT, then randy.hills(atsign)comcastdotnet from 4pm EDT till 10pm EDT (I'm old...hehe)