Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Beacon Theatre - June 17, 2009

Ohh! That makes my heart warm with happy things, and excitement, and more happy things, and soo many happy things I have to make an incision and cut it out just to keep it from exploding!

Whooo! my first live Regina show and it was amazing!!! loved it!!! and that new song " all the holocaust deniers" is so powerful....it made me cry and not many songs can do that...."riot gear" i need to hear again...it was softer than i expected ...the title made me expect something more like "machine"...the only thing i didnt liek was teh crowd around me....they were lifeless....tehy didnt even move to the music....there were people cheering and screaming all throughout and i was very disappointed i wasnt among them because i think i was the only one screaming in my section...but anyway i do hope someone got the audio...everyone needs to hear the new track...and i was very surprised and somewhat disappointed she didnt do "genius","dance anthem" or "two birds" but i love what she did do so it ddint bother me too much. All in all i cant wait for her 2 come back to nyc....

quote:
Originally posted by Marry Ann:

Oh my GOD!!!

One of her best performances ever!!!!!!!!!

Elton John has a serious competition Smiler

I agree! I felt she really gave it her all and did such a great job of belting out those songs.

wait are you an Elton John fan? or are you just drawing comparison b/c of their piano playing? Big Grin (I am an Elton fan so it would be nice to see someone else on here who is! hehe)

quote:
Originally posted by princeldarion:

Whooo! my first live Regina show and it was amazing!!! loved it!!! and that new song " all the holocaust deniers" is so powerful....it made me cry and not many songs can do that...."riot gear" i need to hear again...it was softer than i expected ...the title made me expect something more like "machine"...the only thing i didnt liek was teh crowd around me....they were lifeless....tehy didnt even move to the music....there were people cheering and screaming all throughout and i was very disappointed i wasnt among them because i think i was the only one screaming in my section...but anyway i do hope someone got the audio...everyone needs to hear the new track...and i was very surprised and somewhat disappointed she didnt do "genius","dance anthem" or "two birds" but i love what she did do so it ddint bother me too much. All in all i cant wait for her 2 come back to nyc....

all the holocaust deniers, riot gear?!

I MUST HEAR THEM!!! NOW!!!!

can you remember any of the lyrics?

There is a complete audio recording on my hard drive. I'm going to have to do some post-production (reducing clapping, etc) but its pretty sweet sounding.

And yes, amazing show.

quote:
Originally posted by danlynch:

There is a complete audio recording on my hard drive. I'm going to have to do some post-production (reducing clapping, etc) but its pretty sweet sounding.

And yes, amazing show.

AHHHH!!

*SCREAMS IN EXCITEMENT AND WAKES THE NEIGHBORS!!!!*

Big Grin

Big Grin

Big Grin

I thought her dress, beyond being adorable, was reminiscent of a nun's outfit. Which is not a bad thing, really. She was so sweet tonight (she spoke to the audience A LOT). And Dan the cellist was back.

I saw the drumkit and groaned, but it turned out to be tastefully used and made some songs even better (MACHINE holy crap yes!)

This was a very different show than the usual plug-and-play shows she's been doing for several years now... it didn't even start with "Ain't No Cover"

The audience was much more mature than previous shows I've been to, and there was minimal to no singing along, even during the encore. (I was shocked)

I really enjoyed Little Joy, too.

The show was magical. It was as if she was in a different key signature tonight. So excellent. Her voice... oh that voice.

PS. Consequence of Sounds: I. Almost. Died.

quote:
Originally posted by danlynch:

And yes, amazing show.

AHHHHHHHHHH PLEASE PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE DOOOOOOOO!

I NEED TO HEAR RIOT GEAR AND the holocaust deniers!!! OMG OMG OMG

Im gonna be off the stix for 2 days because of college orientation. yuck, but I really hope the show is up when I get back Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

you are amazing. I'm so suprised she sang a song we have never heard of

ohhh did i forget to mention.... Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin