Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Beacon Theatre - June 17, 2009

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

They're probably all asleep, not that I blame them, its just sliiiiightly (understatement) nerve wracking knowing there are 2 new songs to be heard...

i need to hear the holocaust song and riot gear!

until then, i will not rest...

Okay, I'm here! I can't sleep. I'm too giddy.

Reg was fabulous, draw droppingly gorgeous and just all around amazing. She played a lot of stuff from Far (including Riot Gear! Which is absolutely fabulous, by the way) and a little bit from Begin to Hope, and Poor Little Rich Boy and Us from Soviet Kitsch. She was just amazing. I tried to take videos but halfway through OMTWF a big security guy (possibly named Moose, I didn't ask) yelled at me. She also played this really poignant song about the Holocaust that was really beautiful, and really sad.

After the show we waited around for a while, and the security guards repeatedly tried to get rid of us. One of them told us there was a thunderstorm coming. Another one of them locked the door on us. George talked to Reg's father, and for quite a while we wandered between exits and waited, and were cold. Then finally, she came out, and was adorable and fabulous and a little bit confused that we were all waiting for hours just to see her. ("Fuck, you guys have been waiting all this time?") that's all I've got right now. Tomorrow, someone will have a much more detailed account.

EDIT: Oh, and she played (and screwed up) Consequence of Sounds!!!

Once she was reminded of the lyrics for "consequence of sounds", she was good the rest of the way. The Holocaust song was really pretty!

You guys that waited are lucky!