Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Beacon Theatre - June 17, 2009

I can't sleep yet. I was at the concert a while ago, along with the others who waited in the rain until she came out! Woohooo! I almost missed my bus.

Here's the line-up she did. I think Regina started playing at around 21:10

1. Folding Chair

2. Lucky Penny

**Cellist and Violinist comes in**

3. Time is All Around

4. Eet

5. Calculation

6. Machine

7. One More Time with Feeling

8. On the Radio

**another cellist and violinist (or was it a viola? i forget) comes in**

9. Blue Lips

10. Riot Gear

11. Laughing With

**String Quartet exits**

12. Bobbing for Apples

13. That time

14. Apres Moi

15. Human of the Year

16. Poor Little Rich Boy

17. *Holocaust song

18. Consequence of Sounds [she messed up! haha]

19. Man of a Thousand Faces

**Encore!**

20. Samson

**String Quartet enters**

21. Us

22. Fidelity

Needless to say, she was amazing. I really hope you guys could have been there. And she was soo down to earth and really accommodating to us who waited for her outside :]

Still, I have an incurable case of Reginitis.

Aaaahhhh!!! You've heard riot gear now?!?!?!? What's it like?!?!?! And what's the Holocaust Song??!?!!? And who else thinks Lucky Penny is a shoo-in for the next album? She's been playing at almost all of her shows for a while...

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

Aaaahhhh!!! You've heard riot gear now?!?!?!? What's it like?!?!?! And what's the Holocaust Song??!?!!? And who else thinks Lucky Penny is a shoo-in for the next album? She's been playing at almost all of her shows for a while...

Riot Gear is not like how I (or probably any of us) expected - It has this whole midievel theme going on and some references to food (her sashimi dress, putting on her collard greens). It was cool!

The holocaust song was totally unexpected and I too thought that it was Hero at first... I don't really know what to say about this'n so i'll let the live recording speak for itself.

Also, Macaulay Culkin was there! He walked by me like 3 times.

And I have a good story about seats that I will tell you later but I have to go take the goddamn English Regents right now on little to no sleep. Should be fun.

quote:
Originally posted by Swimming Pool Noises:

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsHowItWorks:

Riot Gear is not like how I (or probably any of us) expected - It has this whole midievel theme going on and some references to food (her sashimi dress, putting on her collard greens). It was cool!

The holocaust song was totally unexpected and I too thought that it was Hero at first... I don't really know what to say about this'n so i'll let the live recording speak for itself.

Also, Macaulay Culkin was there! He walked by me like 3 times.

And I have a good story about seats that I will tell you later but I have to go take the goddamn English Regents right now on little to no sleep. Should be fun.

Macaulay Culkin lmao! Big Grin

The complete audio will be available tonight. I'll post the link when its ready. All the post-production is done, and I'm tracking it now. I have to upload to the server and then, you know, actually go to work and then come home later and post it.

quote:
Originally posted by danlynch:

The complete audio will be available tonight. I'll post the link when its ready. All the post-production is done, and I'm tracking it now. I have to upload to the server and then, you know, actually go to work and then come home later and post it.

freakin awesome Big Grin thanks!

Absolutely amazing show last night... she was so adorable, being very chatty with the audience. I took a couple Reg concert newbies with me and they were just as impressed with her performance.

Something that bugged me though was one of them suggested that maybe her screw up during Consequence of Sound could maybe have been staged. Now as a concert "veteran" I know it's almost a given that Reg will screw up at some point and forget a line from one of her songs. It's completely understandable considering the sheer number of songs that she's composed, and also how scatter brained she gets sometimes during performances. Also, it seems like she's so accustomed to this happening that she doesn't panic as much and is more than willing to ask for the audience's help.

I don't know, maybe she looked a little too comfortable asking for help that it came across as staged? I have no idea. Either way, I wouldn't believe for a second that Reg would stoop to doing so contrived. What do you guys think?