Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Beacon Theatre - June 17, 2009

Dear Sweetdownfall,

I cannot say I am Elton John's fan, but I do appreciate his talent. Truth is that POP is not my favorite genre. But I think that Regina's last night performance was POP and of the very best kind. Comparison with Elton John was a complement, since I think he is the king of movies music. I can easily see many of Regina's songs from last performance in movies and The Machine could be a Broadway hit.

I am really happy for her success - I have no doubt the new disk will be a hit. Now I am awaiting till she gets bored with POP and moves to something else Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by sweetestdownfall:

quote:
Originally posted by Marry Ann:

Oh my GOD!!!

One of her best performances ever!!!!!!!!!

Elton John has a serious competition Smiler

I agree! I felt she really gave it her all and did such a great job of belting out those songs.

wait are you an Elton John fan? or are you just drawing comparison b/c of their piano playing? Big Grin (I am an Elton fan so it would be nice to see someone else on here who is! hehe)

Thanks Greg, I edited the post and used your bottom photo, that's a great shot.

I did crop it a little remove some of the black space and that guy's head. Kept the rose in the pic though!

I agree. She wouldn't stage it! As a matter of fact this is not the first time she forgets the lyrics to this particular song. The previous performance I've been to she got stuck at The Consequence of Sounds and got help from the audience. Maybe is indeed not a rapper Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Aonex:

Absolutely amazing show last night... she was so adorable, being very chatty with the audience. I took a couple Reg concert newbies with me and they were just as impressed with her performance.

Something that bugged me though was one of them suggested that maybe her screw up during Consequence of Sound could maybe have been staged. Now as a concert "veteran" I know it's almost a given that Reg will screw up at some point and forget a line from one of her songs. It's completely understandable considering the sheer number of songs that she's composed, and also how scatter brained she gets sometimes during performances. Also, it seems like she's so accustomed to this happening that she doesn't panic as much and is more than willing to ask for the audience's help.

I don't know, maybe she looked a little too comfortable asking for help that it came across as staged? I have no idea. Either way, I wouldn't believe for a second that Reg would stoop to doing so contrived. What do you guys think?

Wow, that's an incredible setlist.

Live debuts of songs from the new album, plus a totally new song. Strangely enough, just yesterday I was musing in the 'Reg's reoccuring motifs' thread about how I though Long Brown Hair was about the Holocaust, and then Regina goes and plays a new song about the Holocaust. It's so heartbreaking, but the song is perfect for what it is.

I've watched a few of the youtube vids (thanks so much recorders!) and is it me or does 'Laughing With' get better every time she plays it? (or maybe this is only the second time, I dunno this seemed better than that radio performance she did.) She seems really in her element for this show.

quote:
Originally posted by srg's sistr:

Srg's sister here...with a link for "All the Holocaust Deniers" Smiler

FYI the video starts late, I missed the first 2 lines or so.

I wonder if this could be Sword & Pen?