Sign in to follow this  
bum bum bum

Beacon Theatre - June 17, 2009

Regina alludes to her terrible stage fright and her forgetting of lyrics repeatedly in interviews. She feels very bad about her screw ups, and very grateful that her audience is generous about them.

At the Hammerstein concert, she screwed up not just words but music (Samson!). I think NYC is more intimidating for her because it's her home turf and friends and relatives come.

At Messiah College, out in the middle of nowhere in PA, she sang Consequence of Sounds perfectly. In fact, I don't think she forgot a thing that night. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

I wonder if this could be Sword & Pen?

I wondered that, too, and went looking for the 30 second clip of that song but couldn't find it ...

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

quote:

I wondered that, too, and went looking for the 30 second clip of that song but couldn't find it ...

That's my reasoning. No one has heard it...hmmm

I think there was a live album being recorded last night. Simply because I sat right in front of a mic set directly on the audience. Which I thought was weird. They put one on each side of the stage... And she also asked people not to call out song names, which she almost never does... So i think there's some recording going there. If there was, YAY! If not.. weird, but still yay! haha

Yeah, just found it myself and came to same conclusion. Sword and the Pen will be the one thing we have not yet heard when the cd comes out I guess.

The holocaust song is more angry than any other Regina songs. Beautiful melody.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

quote:

That's my reasoning. No one has heard it...hmmm

I was thinking that too when she started it, but I remembered that Sword & Pen had that line "I don't want to live without you."

Anyways, it was lovely to meet so many of you, I enjoyed every minute of it! (Even waiting, and being cold.)

quote:
Originally posted by Savabug!:

I think there was a live album being recorded last night. Simply because I sat right in front of a mic set directly on the audience.

Were you cc 10 ish?

You're right Lisa, I was trying to figure out what was so different about it besides the theme obviously. Most of the time Regina's songs are hopeful, even when they're making fun of society.

I wonder if something happened recently to inspire Reg to pen that song.

quote:
Originally posted by Savabug!:

I think there was a live album being recorded last night. Simply because I sat right in front of a mic set directly on the audience. Which I thought was weird. They put one on each side of the stage... And she also asked people not to call out song names, which she almost never does... So i think there's some recording going there. If there was, YAY! If not.. weird, but still yay! haha

I was just thinking today how awesome a Live album would be. *sigh* we can hope. Smiler

I'm listening to last nights show, she's incredible.