Sign in to follow this  
fidelity377

BLUE LIPS!!

I really love the new Blue Lips... It took me a couple times to like it though... I had gotten too used to the way she sang it on the live recording I had come to love. But now that we're two tracks into Far and they're both amazing, I have no concerns as to how this album will turn out. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

Theres something about her voice...its not deep, theres no passion. And I don't really like the high note on followed lead. Ugh, the more i listen i hate it more and more.

I really think that people get too used to a certain live version of a song, and the notes used on certain words and when a different version comes out with a some notes held in different ways i think it's hard for people to accept it.

I personally love the change on followed lead. just something special and emotional about it. but of course everyone has a differing opinion

Ive been waiting to give an opinion on this until I had listened to it properly many times,I think about 100 by now.

..so here goes...first of all I'd already had reservations about it being overproduced and when I heard the 30 second clip it didnt do anything to quash those fears,as for the full version, I dont mind the drums too much and the strings are always a bonus on any track but did it really need the tamborine to be the most dominant instrument in the parts of the song it was played and that plinky plonk (I have no other way of describing it) guitar thing,what the hell is that?

Dont get me wrong,I know a studio version of any song is obviously going to be different fron a live version and I know that ultimately this is how Regina would have wanted it to sound but I cringe every time I hear the plinky plonk.

Blue Lips (live) is one of two constants in my ever changing top five Regina songs and this is why I feel quite passionately about this, and I dont hate it,in fact if this was the first and only version of the song I had heard I would probably quite like it but when you know the power,the passion and the Genius of the woman in live versions then I cant help but feel a little disappointed..and yes I know the live recordings are still going to be there.

Speaking of Genius, and worryingly, Genius Next Door is the other constant in my ever changing top five and Im hoping this doesnt get too OVERproduced as well...and no plinky plonk!!

I Love Regina Spektor.

I like the plinky plonk Razzer

but now that's all I'm going to hear. lol.. I think people are so used to the live version that they're paying a lot more attention to the production and extra instruments. It's not bad imo..

I love it! I think it's brilliant. And, of course we're still not hearing it in the context of the entire album. With 4 producers on this record, I'm guessing there will be many different sounds. So, we'll have to see where this fits. In the layout of all the tracks, there may be a very good reason why she went with a "bigger," production sound. It might be proceeded, or preceded by a more acoustic/stripped down type of sound. Or it might be part of the album where there is a bigger production quality. Who knows.

quote:
Originally posted by Ramen:

...I had such high hopes for this song. Blue Lips is one of my favorite songs by her.. I thought with the "more cello" and a more clear recording would make it just amazing.. Frowner Guess I won't be getting rid of recording...

yeah your so right. she should have faded the tambourine into the background like two notches. it is very distracting. but i like the song..

quote:
Originally posted by JosephCa64:

I love it! I think it's brilliant. And, of course we're still not hearing it in the context of the entire album. With 4 producers on this record, I'm guessing there will be many different sounds. So, we'll have to see where this fits. In the layout of all the tracks, there may be a very good reason why she went with a "bigger," production sound. It might be proceeded, or preceded by a more acoustic/stripped down type of sound. Or it might be part of the album where there is a bigger production quality. Who knows.

wow! good point! i'd never even considered that! hmm..

Is anyone else wondering what on earth they're going to do with The Wallet? Just curious...