Sign in to follow this  
fidelity377

BLUE LIPS!!

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC:

The moment that I finished listening to this song, that is exactly what I thought. It was an almost euphoric sensation. This song represents to me the completed cycle from the once unheard of, quirky and sometimes shy girl-genius, to the real McCoy, a genuine contender for the title bout.

I don't know why, but I never felt this way with Begin to Hope. I enjoy the album, but I still had that lingering "holding-your-breath" feeling, like her potential was aching to be unleashed. Now I feel it, because this song gives me the feeling of what I had imagined Regina could do, so long ago. The feeling that she's become what we all wanted for her, and for us, and for the non-believers.

Your comment literally brought tears to my eyes, because I feel like you get it. YOU GET IT.

I've been reading all the negative comments on iheartregina -- yeah, everyone's entitled to their own opinions -- but those people don't get it. I mean, if you can't appreciate an artist like Regina changing and growing musically, why are you listening? I'm damn proud of what she's done so far. She got to work with all these amazing people on the new album, but she stayed true to herself. This is her best work yet, and it's even better than laughing with. AMAZING.

Dear three minutes and thirteen seconds into the song,

Thank you for melting me. I can now begin my new life as the happiest melty-blob of viscous liquid to ever ooze around the earth.

Wow. That was amazing. The clip does not give the song justice.

I think there is a different level of emotion, and I really, really, really, like the way she sings God. But I feel like she was feeling the song more/differently...if that makes sense. Like when she says 'he took a step and then felt tired', I think she sounds tired. It is convincing. And when she says 'God, this is all there is', she too sounds shocked.

I don't think you guys agree, but I think she sounds quite emotional, but different emotions from the live version. Yeah.

EDIT: I love the choir! It's so subtle!

I like it...I think the instrumental arrangement fits the song quite well, regina's vocal could be a bit louder, but still, I enjoy it!