Sign in to follow this  
fidelity377

BLUE LIPS!!

thanks, makingstuffup Smiler

it seems that some fans would prefer they take the existing recordings, have Reg memorize exatly how she happened to sing the song that day, and then... put it on a cd.

i must admit, though, that at first i agreed with Rosa... a page or two back. the part that sold me on this song at very first listen was the Knowledge Tree part. it's just so powerful, and at first i thought "where're the fireworks?" But i've listened a few more times since, and i think it's beautiful in its simplicity. After all, if they made a huge production out of that one part of the song, but left everything else the same, people might overlook the fantastic imagery/lyric.

so all in all, i have nothing to add. just maybe i let myself down by expecting certain things out of certain parts; its not Reg's fault if i took her half-of-a-puzzle and ran off trying to sketch in the other side of the picture without taking her original vision into consideration. (look at me, makin up metaphores. And making up rules of spelling, apparently.)

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

2. If you dislike this new version, there's something about it that you're "missing", as in you're focusing on the "wrong" things. I think that's everyone's point here- they're not trying to write off the iheartregina people, it's more like the Stixers feel you're criticizing something great without appreciating it.

I agree with you 100%. I'm not trying to stifle anyone's opinions. I just feel that some people are putting too much focus on the production, and that's sad. All the stuff that's been said about Regina being a sellout is what annoys me the most...

Just my opinion, anyway...remember, the live recordings that everyone's hooked on will ALWAYS be there.

I don't see anyone writing her off as a sellout on iheartregina though? Certainly I didn't because I don't actually feel that way. For starters, she's allowed to do whatever she wants with her music, as it is hers. That said, I don't necessarily have to like it, and that is the case here. I fail to see how I'm focusing on the "wrong" things b/c I don't like the production. I wasn't aware that there was a right or wrong thing to focus on here.

Sorry if I'm coming off as hostile. I really don't mean to, but I feel I've been respectful toward positive opinions I don't agree with and would appreciate the same respect rather than being told that my opinion is what it is because I'm focusing on the wrong things or I don't get it or what have you. My opinion is my opinion, no more wrong or right than anyone else's here. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by sweetestdownfall:

quote:
Originally posted by makingstuffup:

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

2. If you dislike this new version, there's something about it that you're "missing", as in you're focusing on the "wrong" things. I think that's everyone's point here- they're not trying to write off the iheartregina people, it's more like the Stixers feel you're criticizing something great without appreciating it.

I agree with you 100%. I'm not trying to stifle anyone's opinions. I just feel that some people are putting too much focus on the production, and that's sad. All the stuff that's been said about Regina being a sellout is what annoys me the most...

Just my opinion, anyway...remember, the live recordings that everyone's hooked on will ALWAYS be there.

I don't see anyone writing her off as a sellout on iheartregina though? Certainly I didn't because I don't actually feel that way. For starters, she's allowed to do whatever she wants with her music, as it is hers. That said, I don't necessarily have to like it, and that is the case here. I fail to see how I'm focusing on the "wrong" things b/c I don't like the production. I wasn't aware that there was a right or wrong thing to focus on here.

Sorry if I'm coming off as hostile. I really don't mean to, but I feel I've been respectful toward positive opinions I don't agree with and would appreciate the same respect rather than being told that my opinion is what it is because I'm focusing on the wrong things or I don't get it or what have you. My opinion is my opinion, no more wrong or right than anyone else's here. Smiler

Unfortunately, you're letting your (unfounded) hostility toward my opinions get the better of you, and for that reason you're completely misinterpreting everything I said and taking it as an insult. That's too bad. Obviously voicing one's opinion involves stepping on some toes, and apparently I've trampled on a few, but that's life...

I feel that I've been respectful of differing opinions, but I'm not gonna censor myself just because some people don't like what I've said.

Certainly there are others who have expressed their dislike of the way the song was re-done and a few have been a bit rude in doing so (I'm NOT just referring to the LJ crowd, this is in general).

I don't expect you or anyone else to apologize for what was said about the song. I'm not going to apologize for what I said. My whole point is, people can say what they want to say. "My opinion is my opinion, no more wrong or right than anyone else's..."

Peace.Smiler

After listening to it more... I don't know...

I really like this version, but the only thing that really gets to me is the way she sings it. I feel like she sang it the way she sings previously recorded songs at a concert.

Her singing is not really in rhythm with the song, and, it might just be my version, but I can barely hear her.

I also feel that the build up was a bit too fast.

I think that this is a great song, and I agree that it would be boring if she just did the live version just in studio but I wish that she hadn't changed the way some of the lyrics were said etc.

Don't get me wrong, I've just been tossing and turning trying to figure out what I dislike so much and I haven't figured it out yet. I still love it!

You know what, fuck it!

I LOVE this song!

Forget what I just said! The reason I was disliking it is because I couldn't share my love of it WITH ALL OF YOU cause I didn't have a computer to use! It felt so awkward! I love it! I love Regina! I love you all!

Now that I'm done spasming... mhm... yeah, well, let's just pretend that didn't happen, shall we...?

It's wonderful to here new schtuff from her almighty quirckyness... let me let off the cliched statement from any fan of any small or moderate musician when somethin' new comes out... maybe a little commercial, hmmm (my pinky is raised to my puckered lips).

I rove it raggy...

So this morning at school I saw a comment where musiclover accused regina of being on the path to being a sellout????!!!!

WHAT? IM SORRY, WHAT??? I WAS IN SHOCK....

I cant find it anymore, i was going to respond in school but i was "forbidden" to log in. Idk if its been deleted but that statement couldnt be less true. I couldnt believe a regina fan would say that.

This album is truely unfolding to be much more seemingly regina than begin to hope was, I think she's discovered the delicate balance between the piano and twirking around with studio sounds and capturing the emotion in the live versions. I sense her happiness and it makes me happy. But it makes me sick that anyone could remotely compare her to a sellout

I mean, HELLOOOOO. we live in a world with a band called Falloutboy! they are the definition of sellouts. how could we put regina in the same group???

***WARNING*****

this is a rant. dont take offense, your obviously free to state your opinion in this lovely forum