Sign in to follow this  
fidelity377

BLUE LIPS!!

AHH now that i'm finally at a computer (6 pages too late) I can finally weigh in on this! First my opinion: Fantastic. Much better than the 30 second clip let on, especially after a couple listens. Almost no complaints. That being said, i'm keeping the old version too. If i listen to the new version expecting to hear the old version then i'm disappointed, but if i listen to the new version with fresh ears expecting something new, then I lurve it. It's a bit like taking a drink of milk but expecting to taste grape juice. Obviously it will throw you off. But if i know that i'm gonna be drinking grape juice, I quite like grape juice. Does that make sense?

Raph, you were saying that you think the vocal is too quiet/you can barely hear it? I can hear it pretty durn clearly, so I think it might just be you.

A while back somebody said something about an auto-tune? I personally don't hear it at all, but regina did say in an interview that she used a vocoder on far for the first time. Vocoders are often mistaken (by both the listener and the artist) for auto-tune, which is a type of phase vocoder. I don't even know if a vocoder was used on this track, like i said i don't hear it, but its possible. A vocoder isn't auto-tune, but this wouldn't be the first time someone said vocoder when they really meant auto-tune.

quote:
If i listen to the new version expecting to hear the old version then I'm disappointed, but if i listen to the new version with fresh ears expecting something new, then I lurve it.

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how I feel.

quote:
Raph, you were saying that you think the vocal is too quiet/you can barely hear it? I can hear it pretty durn clearly, so I think it might just be you.

I can hear it, but, at certain parts, I can't hear her very well. It seems to me like the music overpowers her voice, it's the same with Laughing With, just not as bad.

quote:
Originally posted by Karl Prejekterinski:

A while back somebody said something about an auto-tune? I personally don't hear it at all, but regina did say in an interview that she used a vocoder on far for the first time. Vocoders are often mistaken (by both the listener and the artist) for auto-tune, which is a type of phase vocoder. I don't even know if a vocoder was used on this track, like i said i don't hear it, but its possible. A vocoder isn't auto-tune, but this wouldn't be the first time someone said vocoder when they really meant auto-tune.

Yeah, I read some comments about it for both Blue Lips and Laughing With and mentioned it here. I don't hear it either. I don't think she'd need to use it to make her voice sound better. Eeker

Using a vocoder would be cool though.

^I think I figured out why people (including myself) heard it.

She sings so straight in it (at first listen it sounded that way anyway), she doesn't really do too much with her voice.

Also a thank to fidelity377 for the download- i love free sh*t Big Grin !! Don't tell the Metallica guy please Razzer !

As to the song itself ; the strange part to me is that break near the minute ten mark , it seems like the song itself starts over.

However after that this song is really fantastic and that fade out is great.

Anybody else think a Call & Blue Lips mix-up would work....hmmm