Sign in to follow this  
silver bullet trailer

Dance Anthem of the 80s video!

I just realized / remembered that in one of the first recordings of this song, the (very small) audience is laughing as she plays it humorously. And she indirectly explains the opening beat by saying "You know, 'Oh Mickey you're so fine!'?" It all makes so much sense now. Listen for the piano of Dance Anthem in the opening drums. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6XOooNncaw

I'm sure this is nothing new, but it was revelatory for me about ten minutes ago. Haha.

quote:
Originally posted by Savabug!:

I just realized / remembered that in one of the first recordings of this song, the (very small) audience is laughing as she plays it humorously. And she indirectly explains the opening beat by saying "You know, 'Oh Mickey you're so fine!'?" It all makes so much sense now. Listen for the piano of Dance Anthem in the opening drums. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6XOooNncaw

I'm sure this is nothing new, but it was revelatory for me about ten minutes ago. Haha.

woah! thats awesome! I never knew that.

quote:
Originally posted by Savabug!:

Great now I am having 80's flashback to Mickey!Thanks for that Razzer !

i have mixed feelings about Eet being the next single. On the one hand, i think people may have gotten the wrong impression of reg's music if they didn't listen to all of BTH... fidelity, on the radio, and better were all relatively upbeat songs. while this is fine, i think it's good that they take far in the other direction, and show off that she can also be deep, and has a darkness sometimes. I mean, when you hear people imitate Regina songs in general (certain commercials), it's that stoccato two chord piano, with quirky vocals, and simple background music. In other words, i think people are essentially oblivious to regina's darker side, and there are some amazing pieces, you know? and i think Laughing With and Eet are a couple of the more radio-friendly of the heavier songs.

But on the other hand, i don't know that people are all that interrested in hearing heavy songs. Laughing With did not do well, and idk, maybe non-hardcore fans just aren't looking for heavy songs from Regina.. maybe they prefer that she stay all poppy and happy and weird...

BUT... singles are supposed to represent the albums they're from, ideally, so i think that Eet will be a fine choice... although there are some more upbeat songs on far as well... maybe DAot80's will be a third single. Til then, let's hope eet will work its magic on the unsuspecting radio listeners! Razzer

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

i have mixed feelings about Eet being the next single. On the one hand, i think people may have gotten the wrong impression of reg's music if they didn't listen to all of BTH... fidelity, on the radio, and better were all relatively upbeat songs. while this is fine, i think it's good that they take far in the other direction, and show off that she can also be deep, and has a darkness sometimes. I mean, when you hear people imitate Regina songs in general (certain commercials), it's that stoccato two chord piano, with quirky vocals, and simple background music. In other words, i think people are essentially oblivious to regina's darker side, and there are some amazing pieces, you know? and i think Laughing With and Eet are a couple of the more radio-friendly of the heavier songs.

But on the other hand, i don't know that people are all that interrested in hearing heavy songs. Laughing With did not do well, and idk, maybe non-hardcore fans just aren't looking for heavy songs from Regina.. maybe they prefer that she stay all poppy and happy and weird...

BUT... singles are supposed to represent the albums they're from, ideally, so i think that Eet will be a fine choice... although there are some more upbeat songs on far as well... maybe DAot80's will be a third single. Til then, let's hope eet will work its magic on the unsuspecting radio listeners! Razzer

I agree completely! Thanks for being better at explaining what you think than I am. Wink