Sign in to follow this  
ThePoetsLove

LAUGHING WITH VIDEO!!!

Is it just me, or did they add a weird echoey effect to the song, in addition to getting the title wrong and associating it with miley fecking cyrus?

Edit: I realize they got the name right in the title, but the description says (Quote) "Regina's new song laugh with! "

Edit 2: This reminded me of that line from Amanda Palmer's song Dear Old House That I Grew Up In where she talks about the evil yuppie couple with their kid who will hang miley cyrus posters in her bedroom. Cuz of the whole miley cyrus in the place where there should be awesome instead

this is kind of random but it amused me...

there is this guy who i am friends with on facebook who is a super hardcore born-again christian, and he posts a different worship song everyday (no exaggeration, it gets annoying). well just now i looked, and he had posted the laughing with video. of course i immediately hit the like button, but then i realized that he was using it in his usual church-y context (nothing really wrong with that i guess, but it irked me a bit). so then to make myself feel better, i posted a comment saying "reg is the best!" with a link to the jool's performance of blue lips video.

... i couldn't help myself. haha.

quote:
Originally posted by dananator3:

there is this guy who i am friends with on facebook who is a super hardcore born-again christian, and he posts a different worship song everyday (no exaggeration, it gets annoying). well just now i looked, and he had posted the laughing with video. of course i immediately hit the like button, but then i realized that he was using it in his usual church-y context (nothing really wrong with that i guess, but it irked me a bit). so then to make myself feel better, i posted a comment saying "reg is the best!" with a link to the jool's performance of blue lips video.

LOL sounds like he'll post anything with the concept of "God exists" as a worship song. who knows, maybe next he'll post the song "Baby Jesus"! Wink

quote:
Originally posted by dananator3:

It would be odd if Regina gets labeled as a "Christian Artist" due to this song LOL, I wonder how your friend would react if he heard Baby Jesus

quote:
Originally posted by Tamx:

I wonder how your friend would react if he heard Baby Jesus

you read my mind, Tamx Wink

as a "hardcore" christian myself, i can honestly say that upon first listen to Baby Jesus, i wasn't falling off of my chair, running full tilt for the nearest bible.

i played it for my mom, and she laughed uncontrollably.

personally, i think the song's a little sad, esp. the "unbelievers eat dirt/believers get to spit on their graves" part, b/c Reg might actually consider this to be the Christian's attitude (which it isn't!!!!!!).

but this is spamming, as far as the Laugh With video thread goes, so let's move on, shall we?

Summer's Best Videos

Regina Spektor "Laughing With" (Most Artistic Video)

Regina never shies from bringing color, special effects and charisma in her videos, but this one is probably the most amazing yet. With its stairway appearance and asymmetric-paintings, this video is an artist’s wet dream....

http://www.examiner.com/x-1390...-Summers-Best-Videos