Sign in to follow this  
AMR

500 Days Of Summer

i just saw this movie and it was amazing. the sense of humor was perfect as was the use of hero(and almost everything else). i thought i recognized the directors name (marc webb) so i looked him up and discovered why: he directed the Fidelity music video! a fact that make me love him even more. apparently this is his first full-length film so hopefully we have more great movies to look forward to!

Saw it last night and it was AMAZING! Definetly a favorite now! Really funny and I almost peed my pants trying to hold back my excitement when a regina song played. It was used so well during the reality vs. expectations scene (hero) SOOO GOOOOOOOOD, highly reccomended. GO SEE IT NOW. AND GET THE SOUNDTRACK TOO Smiler

and hot damn that joseph gordon-levitt is sexy.

Even though the concept of a soundtrack-–powered movie is nothing new, "500 Days of Summer" is a landmark in the growing genre. The integration of songs within the story is seamless.

In the opening credits, we are introduced to the main characters, Tom and Summer, with Regina Spektor’s "Us" playing in the background. While home movies of the main characters play in the background, the playful swell of strings and subtly driven piano creates an excited tension, and all of sudden the audience finds itself even more curious to find out what happens when boy meets girl. Regina’s music is a completely adhesive force connecting the viewer to Tom and Summer on a level that would be completely impossible without the depth of personality and emotion we find in her song....

http://www.dailytoreador.com/l...oundtracks-1.1851048

I FINALLY saw it today! I never have time to go to the movies, but it's Chritmas holiday now so I decided to see it now that the theatres still show it. I went alone and as I sat on my seat watching people come in I realised that almost everyone else was there with their boy- or girlfriend. Big Grin

I liked the movie a lot, even though I think the way it ended wasn't... natural, maybe? Or credible. There was something wrong about it, for me. But most parts of it were amazing. I love Zooey Deschanel (even though I'm not sure if I like Summer). I also fell in love with that Tom guy, I'd never seen the actor before. <3 Everybody has already said this, but I'll have to repeat: the scene with Hero playing is wonderful. I cried. It's not just the song. The director was able to say something very real and important there.

quote:
Originally posted by rainna:

I FINALLY saw it today! I never have time to go to the movies, but it's Chritmas holiday now so I decided to see it now that the theatres still show it. I went alone and as I sat on my seat watching people come in I realised that almost everyone else was there with their boy- or girlfriend. Big Grin

I liked the movie a lot, even though I think the way it ended wasn't... natural, maybe? Or credible. There was something wrong about it, for me. But most parts of it were amazing. I love Zooey Deschanel (even though I'm not sure if I like Summer). I also fell in love with that Tom guy, I'd never seen the actor before. <3 Everybody has already said this, but I'll have to repeat: the scene with Hero playing is wonderful. I cried. It's not just the song. The director was able to say something very real and important there.

aaaahhh i wanna see it soo bad.

i'll try and rent it tomorrow *fingers crossed*